New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wave105 View Post
    Actually po may mga pros and cons talaga, its just how it will be weighed. Pag economic holiday po kasi according din sa nabasa ko ito po yung link niya http://chinabusinessphilippines.com/...omla&Itemid=75, tama po kayo, may ibang sectors that will be affected by this like yung mga nabanggit niyo po (manufacturing, productions etc), but there will also be sectors that will benefit from this like yung mga seasonal establishments (mostly yung mga mahilig out of town and leisure etc). Yes there will be sharp rise and some will be so so; but lets just look the big picture as economy kasi po pag tiningnan natin siya nang sector base we will see the flaws, but as a whole economy it will temporarily raise revenues but it will not produce sustainable gains (according to the article). So it means po na it will have its rise but not pang-matagalan po to sustain.

Actually po just my 2cents po kahit anon pong gawin natin, even magpalamig lang po sila sa malls, or stay lang po tayo sa bahay or magstay po tayo sa kamag-anak natin sa malayong province we will still consume resources, and this resources have their equivalent cost so lalabas pa din po yung pera sa tao. I believe po kahit ano man po ang gawin natin stay or not to stay we will still directly or indirectly consume resources na may katumbas pong pera that will drive the economy to move. Opinion ko lang po siya.
    ito bro sagot, holiday economics won't work in the philippines...
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    holiday economics can work for singapore because a lot of people can afford to spend money for vacations and the commercial and financial nature of its major industries

however, in the philippines, a lot of people work in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors where they are paid on a daily basis which is not even enough for a decent daily living. . .a lot of people would rather report to work if given a choice. . .not to mention the effect of a stop operation on manufacturing businessmen

the holiday economics policy favors me, being a monthly-paid worker, but I do not favor it because it is not for the good of the general filipino workers/families

when most of the filipino families have extra money to spend on vacations, let's apply it here in the philippines

just my 2 cents
    i understand your point, and yes i agree with you but your point doesn't work in the philippines. it will only work if we already have a stable economy, until then it doesn't do any good to our economy to have holidays out of nowhere.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Oh ayan di na saw holiday ang August 23. August 21 becomes a non-working holiday and its a Saturday...

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/198331/a...ar-working-day

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    when most of the filipino families have extra money to spend on vacations, let's apply it here in the philippines

just my 2 cents

The extended weekend idea was good when the philippine economy was going well. But that is years ago. Today the economy is still barely getting back.

Best to cut down on the number of extended weekends. I think most people would enjoy more money in their pockets especially these days when money is scarce for most filipinos.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    well there are pros and cons, pero para sa akin ang nakakainis e yung pabago bago stand ng government. una nagissue ng statement na irerespeto yung holiday economics, the next day iba na naman. i think disruptive sa na-plan na schedule ng both employees and employers which is usually done at the start of the year. sana naman maging consistent sila at huwag magbago ng rules pagmalapit na. just my two cents.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    What about those employees that are paid on a daily basis? No work = no pay. No pay, no food for the dining table. Sana mabusog sila sa family bonding nila.
    Good point. But "no work = no pay" is a long standing labor policy used in the manufacturing industry that should have been outlawed from the beginning. Casual employment (otherwise known as Contractualization) is something that has been raised as a problem by labor groups. You can always point a finger at greedy businessmen that uses anti-labor policies or you can always blame the laws for being too antiquated.

IMO every Filipino citizen regardless of his work tenure status (regular/contractual) should enjoy the benefits of lawfully declared public holiday WITH pay. Something the Labor code should have explicitly pointed out in the first place.

This is why I work till I lose my wits. So that my three children won't have to be factory workers. Because I know how grossly unfairly treated our blue-collar workers here are compared to other countries.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Economic holiday! Para nyo na ring sinabing ang daming perang gagastusin ang pinoy. Most of them eh nasa bahay lang, nagtitipid dahil walang pang gastos.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Economic holiday! Para nyo na ring sinabing ang daming perang gagastusin ang pinoy. Most of them eh nasa bahay lang, nagtitipid dahil walang pang gastos.

Malling lang sila. Nagpapalamig lang, di shopping ha!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Eh may credit card naman so tuloy ang ligaya, let's shop and eat Bahala na.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I've been processing and approving a lot of client communications and announcements in line to reverting this working holiday.

Such quick changes could also affect operations of foreign exhange houses and bourses in other countries where we are trading. I could imagine how busy the Philippine Stock Exchange is now, reverting skeds and reminding overseas counterparts that 23 will not be a banking holiday anymore, thus trade and settlement dates have to be re-adjusted.

What an inconvenience!

Last edited by isa1023; August 12th, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    There are things that money can't buy. Even if people don't go out and spend their money during a holiday, they can still be afforded the luxury of staying home to bond with their families and friends.

A healthy family = a healthy worker = a more productive worker in the end. These workers (like me) are the workhorse of a company.

They can take the much needed rest that could help them recharge and rejuvenate their systems ready for the next working day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Aug. 23 declared regular working day