New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i find this confusing.
    that no citizen is allowed to renounce his citizenship.
    ...sounds... north korean...

is there something i/we am/are not aware of?
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 30th, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As far as i know, they can renounce their Singapore Citizenship. But, the government will strongly discourage you. And its like touch move. Once you decide there is no turning back. Same applies to Permanent Residents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    As far as i know, they can renounce their Singapore Citizenship. But, the government will strongly discourage you. And its like touch move. Once you decide there is no turning back. Same applies to Permanent Residents

the lat line in donbuggy's post leads me to interpret something darker.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it think it's common sense that a govt or any govt should not allow its citizens to denounce citizenship just so they can avoid military service

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post

actually a lot of Singaporeans have skipped the country just to evade the compulsory NS ... a lot of them are in Australia and if ever they like to have a little reunion with their SG kins kadalasan sa JB sila nagmeet kasi di na sil apwede tumapak ng SG soils else they will be arrested.

for PR namans, we were able to renounce our PR status before but i know if citizenship medyo mahirap gawin, i have a friend who did this later regretted it since all his savings in CPF was almost paid back in legal fees in renouncing his SG citizenship.

for Orchard Towers naman ..... matagal na yan, dyan maraming lahi ng prosti dyan , Russians, Europeans, almost all races dyan represented na eh and yes a lot of pinays also, this was around my stay there ....year 2000 ~upwards

Tanjong PAgar medyo mahal dyan but yeah Geylang is the cheapest since almost flat rate yan dyan hehehe sabi ng tropa ko dati hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what's the big thing against compulsory service?
    if everyone does it, it's no big issue.

hugh hefner.
    chuck norris.
    sean connery.
    mel brooks.
    sidney poitier.
    mel brooks.
    clint eastwood.
    tom selleck.
    ah-nuld schwarzennegger.
    steve mcqueen.
    obi-wan!
    and my favorite... elvis!

they all served.

most US presidents served.
    jfk's exploit was my personal favorite.

as an aside.
    "the great escape" actor donald pleasance, was probably the only actor there, with genuine POW experience. he was a POW during WWII.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 31st, 2018 at 09:06 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I had a conversation with a Korean guy once about National Service...

They have it in Korea, Singapore din...

Do yo uhave it in Philippines?

My answer...

We had Citizen's Army Training (4th year HS)
    And 2 years of ROTC...

The only difference is that we have to pay for it

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Otters in Singapore.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSI hits unhealthy levels in Singapore for first time since 2016 as haze worsens | The Straits Times
    by Clement Yong and Malavika Menon
    Sept. 14, 2019

SINGAPORE - Air quality took a sharp turn for the worse on Saturday (Sept 14), with the PSI reading crossing the unhealthy level for the first time in three years.

The 24-hour PSI readings ranged between 96 and 114 at 11pm, with the highest recorded reading in western Singapore.

A PSI reading of 101 to 200 is in the unhealthy range, for which the National Environment Agency (NEA) advises the public to cut down on outdoor activities.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    ...talk about dirty neighbors!

About Singapore