New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    mga pipols, query lang.

Situation: one drives in NEUTRAL gear an A/T caR. hindi naman malayo ang tinakbo ng car when driver found out that gear was in NEUTRAL (hand brake is down/not engaged) while A/T vehicle was moving. then, driver stopped to shft gear to "D".

Question: ano kaya ang magiging effect nito sa car? Please advise if there should be anything that the driver will have his vehicle checked with the situation.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by silver streak View Post
    Question: ano kaya ang magiging effect nito sa car? Please advise if there should be anything that the driver will have his vehicle checked with the situation.

thanks.
    Nothing. Just keep on driving.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how can the driver not now that he's in neutral? especially on A/T cars?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the gear is in neutral, it will not move, except if the road is downhill. assuming it is downhill, and the driver shifts from neutral to drive, walang bad effect yan. ok lang yan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    how can the driver not now that he's in neutral? especially on A/T cars?
    In stop and go traffic going down an incline, you'd save some gas by letting the car coast down using just the brakes. The sensation is very similar to A/T creep while in gear. Because of this, it is possible that one can forget about the shifter set to neutral while the car gets to a level part of the road.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Double post.
    Last edited by oj88; June 21st, 2009 at 11:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    No problem there. It's safe to shift from Neutral to D and vice-versa even if the vehicle is in forward motion. This is why there is no button that needs to be pushed, like when shifting to R from N.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi Sirs,

Revive ko lang topic na ito. Thanks.

Normally kapag Stop ang Traffic Signal Light, I shift from D to N then release the foot brake and not engage the hand brake anymore. Ganoon kasi pagkakaintindi ko from TopGear PH article quoted below:

Should you really shift to neutral when stuck in traffic?

"By simply shifting to N or neutral there would be no need to apply the brakes with the amount of force required to resist forward motion."

My question is - "Bakit umaandar pa rin iyon auto ko pa-forward even if flat naman iyon road?"

Though hindi naman ito madalas medyo duda lang ako if my fault ba iyon transmission ko and if mali driving habit ko. Mine is an AT and not MT.

Thanks again!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi Sirs,

Revive ko lang topic na ito. Thanks.

Normally kapag Stop ang Traffic Signal Light, I shift from D to N then release the foot brake and not engage the hand brake anymore. Ganoon kasi pagkakaintindi ko from TopGear PH article quoted below:

Should you really shift to neutral when stuck in traffic?

"By simply shifting to N or neutral there would be no need to apply the brakes with the amount of force required to resist forward motion."

My question is - "Bakit umaandar pa rin iyon auto ko pa-forward even if flat naman iyon road?"

Though hindi naman ito madalas medyo duda lang ako if my fault ba iyon transmission ko and if mali driving habit ko. Mine is an AT and not MT.

Thanks again!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi Sirs,

Revive ko lang iyon topic na'to. Thanks.

Normally kapag Stop ang Traffic Light Signal, I shift from D gear to N gear then release iyon foot brake and not engage the hand brake anymore. Ganoon kasi pagkakaintindi ko sa article from TopGear PH:

My concern is - Bakit pa rin nag-mmove forward auto ko even if nasa N gear na and flat naman iyon road?

Mine is an AT and not MT. Medyo duda lang ako if tama or mali ba driving habit ko and if may fault iyon transmission ko.

Salamat sa inputs mga Sirs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
moving on neutral gear