New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi Sirs,

Revive ko lang iyon topic na'to. Thanks.

Normally kapag Stop ang Traffic Light Signal, I shift from D gear to N gear then release iyon foot brake and not engage the hand brake anymore. Ganoon kasi pagkakaintindi ko sa article from TopGear PH:

"By simply shifting to N or neutral there would be no need to apply the brakes with the amount of force required to resist forward motion."

My concern is - Bakit pa rin nag-mmove forward auto ko even if nasa N gear na and flat naman iyon road?

Mine is an AT and not MT. Medyo duda lang ako if tama or mali ba driving habit ko and if may fault iyon transmission ko.

Salamat sa inputs mga Sirs.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    No problem there. It's safe to shift from Neutral to D and vice-versa even if the vehicle is in forward motion. This is why there is no button that needs to be pushed, like when shifting to R from N.
    Hi Sirs,

Normally kapag Stop ang Traffic Light Signal, I shift from D gear to N gear then release iyon foot brake and not engage the hand brake anymore. Ganoon kasi pagkakaintindi ko sa article from TopGear PH:

"By simply shifting to N or neutral there would be no need to apply the brakes with the amount of force required to resist forward motion."

My concern is - Bakit pa rin nag-mmove forward auto ko even if nasa N gear na and flat naman iyon road?

Mine is an AT and not MT. Medyo duda lang ako if tama or mali ba driving habit ko and if may fault iyon transmission ko.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    No problem there. It's safe to shift from Neutral to D and vice-versa even if the vehicle is in forward motion. This is why there is no button that needs to be pushed, like when shifting to R from N.
    Hi Sirs,

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi Sirs,

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi Sirs,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
moving on neutral gear