New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    The clutch kit of my car was just replaced (clutch pad, release bearing & pressure plate). After a week, the car began showing abnormalities. The engine shakes/vibrates violently while moving the car from stop in first gear as the clutch pedal is being released (clutch being engaged). The engine vibration is so violent that it shakes the entire car body. Ano po kayang problema nito?

The vibration doesn't happen when in reverse gear.

I appreciate any opinion before I return the car to the mechanic.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c64rbr
    The clutch kit of my car was just replaced (clutch pad, release bearing & pressure plate). After a week, the car began showing abnormalities. The engine shakes/vibrates violently while moving the car from stop in first gear as the clutch pedal is being released (clutch being engaged). The engine vibration is so violent that it shakes the entire car body. Ano po kayang problema nito?

The transmission in your car probably does not use a pilot bearing, and the clutch disc is not properly aligned with the pressure plate and flywheel.

Or, one of the oil seals may not have been properly installed causing a leak and wetting the clutch disc.

Either way, the trans needs to be removed and the problem inspected and corrected.

But before going on ahead with it, have the transmission and engine mounts inspected first, especially since the clutch chatter does not happen in reverse drive.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by c64rbr

Pareho tayo ng problema. My theory is that the clutch does not sit properly on the pressure plate (there is a portion on the contact area of the disc/pressure plate that is closer to each other, which causes the vibration when you are releasing the clutch).

I just leave it there and let it seat after using them for a while. Nababawasan na yung vibration as I use my car.

that's just for me.

GoodLuck.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    needs adjustment ,balik mo sa pinagawaan mo ng clutch

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    bring it back to whomever removed the tranny... have them check the flywheel. kung warped na sya it might cause this problem.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks sa mga reply. To avoid costly hit-and-miss approach, I bought a brand new complete set of clutch pad/pressure plate/bearing and Flywheel! Problem solved! Very smooth na engagement. Several "Hot Spots" found on the surface of the old flywheel. During the previous clutch replacement, hindi raw na-resurface yung flywheel kaya nagdevelop ng uneven contacts.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you replaced the whole flywheel? sayang naman. normally unless it is an extreme case, you can still reface it.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Can I ask how much did you spend on almost new transmaission of yours? and what ride is this? Thanks..

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yikes?! Palit lahat?! ... Hehe that's one way of making sure na hindi parts ang problem ;-) ok ah! ... Saan ka nagpagawa? Magkano damage?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....tuwing kelan ba nagpapalit ng clutch kit? pag may problema na lang ba or depende na sa tinakbo ng oto mo (like in a timing belt replacement).

...i have a 64k++ reading on my odo and clutch still sticks well IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Violent Shaking After Clutch Replacement