New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Good day mga sirs,

First post po at newbie dito sa Tsikot. Just wanna clear something. i am in the elimination process of the factors affecting the problem of my car. i have a Proton Wira 96 A/T. My problem is, when the engine temp goes up (a little more than the half on my guage) the cars goes jerking and seems like downshifting and upshifting on and on. I really don't know what seem to be the problem. But if i turn off the engine for a few seconds and start the engine again, the problem's gone until it reaches the same temp when the first problem occured. Do you think it has to do with the engine temp? or on the ATF temp. i am reading a lot of threads suggesting A/Ts here in the Philippines needs transmission coolers. Sirs, do you thing this is my problem? Am i over heating my ATF? I am traveling every day from bulacan to makati (back and forth approx 70 km). Do I need to install transmission cooler? how much does it cost? sorry po, daming questions. will wait for your replies mga sirs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    never ko pa na experience ito sa kotse ko. mine is honda EK AT din. question, when was the last time you have the ATF changed or check? most AT cars have cooling system at kadalasan ito nakakabit sa ilalim ng radiator may makikita kang 2 tubes which is smaller that the top and bottom hoses.

try niyo muna i pa check sa magaling na mekaniko, madugo ang AT pag nagsimulang mag sira kaya as much as possible dapat alagaan sa regular ATF change. dont know about the cost kasi ATF flushing pa lang ang nagawa ko at regular ATF change.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thanks sir n5110. The last time na pina check ko ung ATF ko was last month nung nagpachange oil ako. ok pa naman daw sabi ng mechanic sa Caltex. Pa check ko na lang ulit sa inbang mechanic.

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    honestly i dont think those two hoses connected to our radiators from the tranny itself is sufficient to cool down the temp inside our AT tranny. Literally our radiators are already hot so imagine what it does to our AT temp. It really doesnt help does it?

There are lots of tranny coolers in EBAY. Pwede rin yung oil coolers ng mga small motorbikes. I see lots of this in surplus shops. It's actually easy to incorporate in our cars since you just bypass the ones in your radiator.

If you do find one, put it in front of the radiator where the air is cooler then just buy a hi temp hose that goes to and from your tranny. If you have extra money buy a temp gauge also for the tranny cooler

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pa check mo muna yung radiator for the following:

1. Low water level
    2. Clog with dirts yung mga tubes
    3. Cooling fan if is still working good

Naniniwala po ako kaya po palamigin ng radiator yung ATF, lahat po yan nadesign ng tama, its only a matter on the good maintenance on the cooling system, such as the radiator. I worked 16 years as a Design Engr sa cooling system company.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Add-on ATF and oil coolers are definitely worth the investment....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thanks po mga sirs. Do you have any idea how much the oil cooler for motorbike is? or the surplus tranny/oil cooler?

TIA

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Btw nga sirs,

meron po bang oil pump yung transmission. kaya po bang iakyat ng pressure ng TF papunta dun sa radiator type na oil cooler? iikot kaya yung hot TF papunta dun sa cooler then pabalik sa tranny?

Tranny Problem when temp goes up