New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Car - 95 lancer glxi a/t
    The Problem - while driving at nag-full stop ka, then u press the gas to accelerate, it will take mga 15-30 seconds bago umarangkada ulit yung car kahit di mo inaalis sa "D" yung gear...

it happened to my friend's car kanina lang.. kaya yung 6 km trip namin kanina, inabot ng mahigit 30 minutes... traffic pa kasi..

ano kaya problema at solusyon nito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    torque converter?

or change a/t tranny oil.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Check the level of the ATF.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sounds like an overhaul or replacement of the tranny needs to be done.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    u might be low on atf fluid, or worse u could have a leak causing low atf

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Check Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) level first, before considering other possibilities.

Follow manufacturer's recommended procedure for checking the ATF level. Most prescribe idling the engine at normal temperature, transmission in N, level should be in between the MIN and MAX marks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Low-ATF ang culprit when that happened to me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    check the dipstick. if puno, have the drainplug (normally magnetic) checked. kung marami na nakakapit na metal flakes then that's bad news.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thanks for all ur inputs.. i will relay to him all your advices. di na nga nya gamit car kanina kasi it's causing traffic daw... hehehe... nagtanong na din daw sya sa mechanic though di nya dala yung car.. worst case scenario is change tranny daw.. ano ba mas mainam: to overhaul, buy surplus A/T tranny or change to surplus manual tranny na lang... and magkano magagastos..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    di ka sigurado sa overhaul. mas mahirap pa overhaul ng tranny kaysa sa overhaul ng makina. hehe!

get the surplus matic. it will be the cheapest. dami ka pa coconvert kung kukuha ka manual...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
A/T tranny problem