New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    guys,

I hear metallic noise when gliding on 4th gear (sorry, gliding is the term i used, not sure the specific term, its when I dont pressed the accelerator pedal but still on the 4th gear), but upon pressing the pedal (accelerator) the said noise will gone. I googled in advance and found that it could be a bearing specially that 4th gear is direct to the shaft. What bearing could it be? Released bearing? Please advise guys, before I'll go to mechanic, so that I can tell them specific, you know..

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The term is coasting. What is your chariot?
    4wd?RWD?FWD?all trac?MT/MTX?A/T? A/TX?
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; December 6th, 2015 at 11:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    The old, Manual, 4ja1, hilander.

-------------------------------------
    sent via tapatalk on mobile phone

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Check your driveline first, check both U-jounts

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    guys,

I hear metallic noise when gliding on 4th gear (sorry, gliding is the term i used, not sure the specific term, its when I dont pressed the accelerator pedal but still on the 4th gear), but upon pressing the pedal (accelerator) the said noise will gone. I googled in advance and found that it could be a bearing specially that 4th gear is direct to the shaft. What bearing could it be? Released bearing? Please advise guys, before I'll go to mechanic, so that I can tell them specific, you know..

Thanks in advance.
    assuming transmission nga. engine oil nga ba gamit nyo all the time? hindi gear lube ha.

actually, wala kang makikitang 4th gear sa loob ng isang transmission (4 or 5 speed man ito) dahil ito ay direct drive na (1:1). ang input shaft ay konektado na sa output shaft. hindi na dadaan ang power sa countershaft.

ang nagkokonekta ng input at output shaft ay yung synchronizer hub (assembly). kaya sa tingin ko ito. or yung splines (or teeth) nung mga shaft.

kasi kung input bearing, kahit anong speed e present yung sound. same sa output bearing.

pero sa huli, kelangan pa rin ng confirmation kapag disassembled na transmission (kung sa trans nga galing ang ingay).

well, maaring mali pa rin ako.