New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sirs, need some help....

I have a strada 4x4 sport V (automatic). The gear stays at 2nd and 3rd gear only with the check engine light on.

This happens when you are running in high speed/high revs. Before this will happen, shock shift occurs. To remedy the problem, turn off the engine and restart.

Brought the unit to mitsubishi, they replaced the speed sensor twice, same problem occurs. Need help.

Thank you

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    kung meron scanned data like dtc (s) pki post baka sakaling makatulong. your transmission is in limp-in mode kaya wala hatak and i'm positive may dtc yan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Did you install a tuning chip?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    kung meron scanned data like dtc (s) pki post baka sakaling makatulong. your transmission is in limp-in mode kaya wala hatak and i'm positive may dtc yan.
    Na scan sa mitsubishi, ang result speed sensor kaya nag pinalitan. Check ko rin sa mitsubishi sir. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Did you install a tuning chip?
    Yes sir, used to have. Pero tinangal ko kasi, para sa akin, parang nag-force feed ng fuel ang tuning chip, kaya baka masira ang fuel pump or CRDI

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crv99ner View Post
    Yes sir, used to have. Pero tinangal ko kasi, para sa akin, parang nag-force feed ng fuel ang tuning chip, kaya baka masira ang fuel pump or CRDI
    Ibig sabihin hindi rin maganda ang nakaTuning Chip?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mitsubishi Strada Automatic models have a detuned engine to match the torque that the Automatic Transmission can handle (which is 350Nm). When you installed the chip, torque went up to as high as 420Nm which in turn made your transmission slip every time you mashed the accelerator. Do this often and it will damage your torque converter.

Strada 2012 automatic transmission issues