New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gurus, Naramdaman ko lang to ng magpalit ako ng Spark plug. pero di ko alam kung transmission problem naba to or Advance lang yun timing na ginawa ng SERANIKO na napuntahan ko samin. need you inputs about this please.

Spark plug - Nagpalit ako ng Spark plug from 3 NGK + 1 Bosch to 4 Bosch. after replacing my spark plug naramdaman namin na hirap mag start kaya may adjustment na ginawa yun mekaniko ko dati. after the adjustment, 3 times need i switch yun start para mag tuloy, yun first 2 attempt puro redondo lang at ayaw mag tuloy pag dating sa pangatlo ayun nagtutuloy na at malakas yun nginig feeling ko mataas yun idle e.

tsaka kapag umaandar na yun sasakyan mabagal sa arangkadahan although A/T to. At kapag free way halimbawa 40mph na takbo at unti unti ko tatapakan yun gas bigla bigla lalakas yun tunog pero yun takbo mo mabagal pa din. nadidinig ko yun tunog na nung makino ko malakas na pero yun takbo ko wala pagbabago kaya gagawin ko bitaw sa gas then dahan dahan ulit ayun magiging ok na. lage to kapag papanik ng 60mph yun speed ko. Nung di naman ginalaw yun idle ko dati ok naman siya mabilis pa nga e. Parang advance yun engine pero yun takbo wala respond. palyado ba matatawag to?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    pwedeng wala nga sa timing yung engine or sira yung torque converter ng oto mo TS.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_i9100 View Post
    Gurus, Naramdaman ko lang to ng magpalit ako ng Spark plug. pero di ko alam kung transmission problem naba to or Advance lang yun timing na ginawa ng SERANIKO na napuntahan ko samin. need you inputs about this please.

Spark plug - Nagpalit ako ng Spark plug from 3 NGK + 1 Bosch to 4 Bosch. after replacing my spark plug naramdaman namin na hirap mag start kaya may adjustment na ginawa yun mekaniko ko dati. after the adjustment, 3 times need i switch yun start para mag tuloy, yun first 2 attempt puro redondo lang at ayaw mag tuloy pag dating sa pangatlo ayun nagtutuloy na at malakas yun nginig feeling ko mataas yun idle e.

tsaka kapag umaandar na yun sasakyan mabagal sa arangkadahan although A/T to. At kapag free way halimbawa 40mph na takbo at unti unti ko tatapakan yun gas bigla bigla lalakas yun tunog pero yun takbo mo mabagal pa din. nadidinig ko yun tunog na nung makino ko malakas na pero yun takbo ko wala pagbabago kaya gagawin ko bitaw sa gas then dahan dahan ulit ayun magiging ok na. lage to kapag papanik ng 60mph yun speed ko. Nung di naman ginalaw yun idle ko dati ok naman siya mabilis pa nga e. Parang advance yun engine pero yun takbo wala respond. palyado ba matatawag to?
    you have identified your spark plugs but you have not identified your vehicle. what make, model, year and mileage do you have. what transmission family do you have?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    you have identified your spark plugs but you have not identified your vehicle. what make, model, year and mileage do you have. what transmission family do you have?
    I'm sorry my car is Nissan/2001/Sentra 151(Exalta like)/89,000. Sir, A/T Transmission is that what you mean by family transmission?

- Noob here :|

thank you

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    pwedeng wala nga sa timing yung engine or sira yung torque converter ng oto mo TS.
    what is torque converter?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I'm sorry my car is Nissan/2001/Sentra 151(Exalta like)/89,000. Sir, A/T Transmission is that what you mean by family transmission?

- Noob here :|

thank you

do you have distributor type ignition? you mentioned about ignition timing being mcgyvered. some of these cars have coil-on-plug (COP) ignition system and you can not adjust ignition timing unless you flash reprogram the engine computer. for you to check if it was your engine or your automatic transaxle that is giving you the problem is to do a forward stall test and reverse stall test. what these are: with the engine warm, appply parking brakes, chock your drive tires, have a tachometer installed if the car is not equipped and rev the engine with the trans in drive and brakes applied. observe the highest engine rpm. do the same procedure in reverse with the chocks in the opposite side of the tires and record the max engine rpm too. post your results for additional help.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    what is torque converter?
    pag AT tranny, fluid pressure ang nagpapatakbo ng mga gears... para magkaroon ng pressure, yung ang trabaho ng torque converter...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    pag AT tranny, fluid pressure ang nagpapatakbo ng mga gears... para magkaroon ng pressure, yung ang trabaho ng torque converter...

the pump produces the pressure. the torque converter acts as a hydraulic coupling between the flexplate (flywheel) and transmission input shaft. the torque converter multiplies the torque during the vortex flow and goes into rotary flow soon as the rotational speed of the input closely matches that of the output rpm. see autoshop101.com/forms/AT02.pdf

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    do you have distributor type ignition? you mentioned about ignition timing being mcgyvered. some of these cars have coil-on-plug (COP) ignition system and you can not adjust ignition timing unless you flash reprogram the engine computer. for you to check if it was your engine or your automatic transaxle that is giving you the problem is to do a forward stall test and reverse stall test. what these are: with the engine warm, appply parking brakes, chock your drive tires, have a tachometer installed if the car is not equipped and rev the engine with the trans in drive and brakes applied. observe the highest engine rpm. do the same procedure in reverse with the chocks in the opposite side of the tires and record the max engine rpm too. post your results for additional help.
    I don't know what type of ignition i have but i think it's the normal ignition that we see on every car. i don't have tachometer, do i need to buy one? how much is this?

i hope is not my transmission! :|

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    the pump produces the pressure. the torque converter acts as a hydraulic coupling between the flexplate (flywheel) and transmission input shaft. the torque converter multiplies the torque during the vortex flow and goes into rotary flow soon as the rotational speed of the input closely matches that of the output rpm. see autoshop101.com/forms/AT02.pdf
    very well said mate.. cheers

As additional info.. there are four components inside the torque converter, to wit..
    Pump
    Turbine
    Stator
    Transmission fluid

A torque converter is a type of fluid coupling, which allows the engine to spin somewhat independently of the transmission. If the engine is turning slowly, such as when the car is idling at a stoplight, the amount of torque passed through the torque converter is very small, so keeping the car still requires only a light pressure on the brake pedal. (HowStuffWorks "Basic Torque Converters")
    Last edited by phezthie; October 5th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast