New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi,

I'm a new member of tsikot.com. I decided to join this group so that merun ako matatanungan ng opinions about cars. I drive a 2010 Montero GLS, just bought it last Jan of this year. It has an AT transmission, pansin ko minsan pag tapak ko sa gas, me sound na parang "bog" bagu umusad. Hindi naman madalas peru it happens and parang bothered ako. Is it because may mali akong nagagawa when I step on the gas pedal. Was thinking na minsan baka pag tinapakan ko yung pedal sakto pa baba ng gear yung transmission, and yung sound ay cause ng bigla pag apak ko, so biglang taas ulit ung gear. Is something wrong with my car? Need anyone's opinion please.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi Sir Tsongpare,

Welcome to Tsikot!

IMHO, please try to have your shift move to "D" first before pressing on the gas pedal, its possible as you said.

But if the "bog" sound still persists, best advise is to have the CASA check it since its still under warranty.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    you can compare the behavior with other A/T cars. Have you driven other A/T vehicles for comparison? Or is this the first time you are driving an A/T vehicle.
    It maybe just the driving style that you need to adjust.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for both your replies. Will do as suggested. This is my first owned AT car. But, it's not my first to drive one. Will consult will casa as advised if after I do some observations regarding my driving style, the problem still persist.

Thanks again!

Shifting issue