New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi Everyone, I have accidentally dropped by into this website. I have read numerous Q and A and I do believe I've came into the right place.

To our Experts and Car Gurus out there, my car's details were as follows:
    • Nissan B13 Model 94
    • ECCS Twin Cam 16 Valve
    • 'Matic Tranny
    Backgrounder:
    : I have been replacing my tranny for the third time now since I bought it 7 years ago way back then.

: I usually let my mechanic do the buying and replacing all the time and will just pay him after the dirty job done.

: But then I have noticed that he is not trustworthy and was just pulling my leg. He used to promise me that the newly installed tranny would last for around 10 years since he had replaced all parts inside of it with much better ones compared to the orig. If its true, then I wouldn't be replacing this tranny again for the third time in just span of 7 years!

My problem now is that I have had a hard time looking for a B13 matic tranny (Series II). I have read an add from Sulit.com regarding a matic tranny for sale. It came originally from a Series 3 Nissan Sentra. I asked the seller if this tranny will fit and work just fine in my car. He told me that it would do- 100%.

Given Situation:
    1. My original tranny has a single solenoid valve with 2 leads out according to a mechanic. It has also an extra 8 leads out -- I think these wires will connect to my car's computer box.
    2. On the other hand, this tranny which I bought and originally came from a Series 3 Nissan Sentra-- according to a Nissan mechanic has twin solenoid valves, 3 leads out from the external solenoid connector and has also 12 leads out (harness wire)!
    Problem Proper:

Can anyone out there help me how to figure out and make this tranny really work in my car please? Am really desperate to have my car back in the streets as it is a nescessity for me.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am just guessing at this point but you might need to find the matching tranny computer box from a B14 (and somehow splice it into your car) if you are planning to use the B14 A/T tranny into your B13 Sentra.

I think its probably similar to what I found out when my AE111 corolla's A/T tranny died had it replaced with a surplus unit. Surplus AE101 A/T tranny were mechanically similar but the control electronics were slightly different. Only another AE111 tranny matched up properly with my car's existing electronics.

Nissan B13 Matic Tranny(Series2) to be replaced with Nissan Series 3 Tranny