New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    yung pag-steady ng gear sa uphill/downhill is about the adaptive transmission control feature. kapag na sense ng ecu na madalas preno at pag-menor sa downhill/uphill, mag-activate yung adaptive control at mag steady sa 2nd gear. reset lang sa neutral then back to sports mode. o kaya naman tumabi, switch off then on the engine.

the one mentioned earlier at nag blink yung "D" is a typical error caused by faulty inhibitor switch. common sa gen.2 montero. it needs to be clean or kung sira na need na i replace.
    Stucked at 2nd Gear? Same problem I encountered with my 2012 GTV. Yes I usually slowed down, stop and put gear to Neutral, then go again. I heard some thread they replaced with SCV but not yet tried. So I just stop and put to N whenever I encounter again in uphill road.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yung pag-steady ng gear sa uphill/downhill is about the adaptive transmission control feature. kapag na sense ng ecu na madalas preno at pag-menor sa downhill/uphill, mag-activate yung adaptive control at mag steady sa 2nd gear. reset lang sa neutral then back to sports mode. o kaya naman tumabi, switch off then on the engine.

the one mentioned earlier at nag blink yung "D" is a typical error caused by faulty inhibitor switch. common sa gen.2 montero. it needs to be clean or kung sira na need na i replace.
    I would typically switch to sports mode and upshift...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I would typically switch to sports mode and upshift...
    pwede rin yan bro if nasa Auto at nag-activate yung adaptive trans control. kung nasa sportronic mode naman, you can briefly shift to N and back to Sportronic mode on-the-fly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    pwede rin yan bro if nasa Auto at nag-activate yung adaptive trans control. kung nasa sportronic mode naman, you can briefly shift to N and back to Sportronic mode on-the-fly.

Oh bro. Thanks for that.

I did not realize that it can get stuck in the second gear even if it is in sports mode....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Oh bro. Thanks for that.

I did not realize that it can get stuck in the second gear even if it is in sports mode....
    yes bro, its a bit annoying at first but as soon as the adaptive transmission control learned or adapts to your shifting/braking style, then it will go back to normal.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers View Post
    Stucked at 2nd Gear? Same problem I encountered with my 2012 GTV. Yes I usually slowed down, stop and put gear to Neutral, then go again. I heard some thread they replaced with SCV but not yet tried. So I just stop and put to N whenever I encounter again in uphill road.

I still have the same problem with my 2012 GTV, but it got stuck in 3rd Gear and "D" blinks. Need to turn-off the engine then after a while I'll start and it will drive fine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by plabary1020 View Post
    I still have the same problem with my 2012 GTV, but it got stuck in 3rd Gear and "D" blinks. Need to turn-off the engine then after a while I'll start and it will drive fine.
    Additional information - Nagpalit na rin ako ng SCV pero same problem pa rin. I still have the SCV as a spare.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    have the "inhibitor switch" check and replace if needed.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Additional information - Nagpalit na rin ako ng SCV pero same problem pa rin. I still have the SCV as a spare.
    Hi, I have the same problem with my 2012 Montero gtv, After driving for 30 kms or more D signs is going to blink and the gear will stay at 3, did you figure out what’s wrong with it? Thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Toti22 View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem with my 2012 Montero gtv, After driving for 30 kms or more D signs is going to blink and the gear will stay at 3, did you figure out what’s wrong with it? Thanks
    parang transmission range sensor or position sensor.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Monterosport A/T problem??