New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Toti22 View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem with my 2012 Montero gtv, After driving for 30 kms or more D signs is going to blink and the gear will stay at 3, did you figure out what’s wrong with it? Thanks
    have the inhibitor switch check or replace

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    If I'm not mistaken, this transmission was made by aisin warner. When the O/D or D shifter indicator flashes, it usually means IPSO ( input, process, storage, output) problems. First check the basics: fluid type, level and condition. Then check the enable criteria sensors: coolant temperature sensor, transmission fluid temperature sensor, vehicle speed sensor, throttle position sensor. If you can, have the PCM and the transmission control module(if applicable) scanned for trouble codes and read the PIDS comparing normal ranges and actual readings. Do not guess and second guess. Everybody can be a fortune teller or a Feng Shui expert.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this transmission was made by aisin warner. When the O/D or D shifter indicator flashes, it usually means IPSO ( input, process, storage, output) problems. First check the basics: fluid type, level and condition. Then check the enable criteria sensors: coolant temperature sensor, transmission fluid temperature sensor, vehicle speed sensor, throttle position sensor. If you can, have the PCM and the transmission control module(if applicable) scanned for trouble codes and read the PIDS comparing normal ranges and actual readings. Do not guess and second guess. Everybody can be a fortune teller or a Feng Shui expert.
    scan muna.. then sensor checks. though fluid checking is abit much but i do know many skip this kasi habol nila distance kesa sa time interval. lalo na yun timing belt nitong MS

4. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Hi. I have the same problem with my 2013 Strada GLS V. I know this is not normal because whenever i go up marcos highway or kennon road it will get stuck at 2nd gear. Every damn time it really annoying actually.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Monterosport A/T problem??