New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Prob is, traffic eh!

===
    By the way, wag din tumutok sa mga FX & UV express vans. Minsan yung mga kamoteng pasahero sa likod, walang pakialam mag open ng rear hatch.
    tama isa pa yang mga hayop na yan

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Nakakainis talaga yung mga naka lagay sa park (based on how the reverse light briefly turns up), pag sa stoplight ang bagal umarangkada kasi kelangan pa ishift.

And most of the time, titingin sa shifter kung tama ba. So unsafe kasi for a brief moment, you take your eyes off the road. Eh kung may bata na biglang tumawid na mahirap mapansin since maliit?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Andami ganito bro. Diko alam kung ano trip nila o kung sino pontio pilato nag turo ng ganun

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    It's not only in the Philippines, I'm sure other parts of the globe some driver is also doing that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Luiscachero View Post
    I don't get some drivers who put their cars on Park during traffic or on a stoplight???? From D, ilalagay all the way to P then ibabalik to D pag uusad na. I noticed this kasi nakikita ko nagbblink yung reverse lights nila, meaning na dumaan sa Reverse yung shifter.

What I do pag traffic or sa stoplight more than 1 minute, I put it on N, pull up the hand-brake in order to cause unnecessary wear sa brakes
    when one puts it on P, the car stops moving, even without the brake pedal. driver does not have to have to go to the trouble of activating his hand brake.
    normally naman kasi, no harm is done with this maneuver.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    I don’t trust the handbrake bro, mura lang naman ang bumbilya How to properly drive an automatic transmission car during traffic?

Swerte yung ibang equipped with e-hold ba yun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My cx-5 has pero dun pa rin ako sa neutral and apak brake /handbrake... la pa ako tiwala sa auto hold... hahaha...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but anyway, please enlighten me on this: Yung parking area namin dito is naka-elevate so pag nagpapark kami, we have to control the car properly kasi uphill yung pagpasok. May instances na backing ako magpark, then one time habang nagrereverse ako sa uphill, bigla kong nabitawan yung brake which caused the car to move forward. My question is, is that okay? Meron bang possibility na ma-damage yung transmission ng oto ko or what so ever? If that so, any advise or meron bang proper way to do that and vice versa? Advisable din po bang tapakan ang brake while pressing gas pedal then slightly release the brake pedal to move? Thanks in advance!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but anyway, please enlighten me on this: Yung parking area namin dito is naka-elevate so pag nagpapark kami, we have to control the car properly kasi uphill yung pagpasok. May instances na backing ako magpark, then one time habang nagrereverse ako sa uphill, bigla kong nabitawan yung brake which caused the car to move forward. My question is, is that okay? Meron bang possibility na ma-damage yung transmission ng oto ko or what so ever? If that so, any advise or meron bang proper way to do that and vice versa? Advisable din po bang tapakan ang brake while pressing gas pedal then slightly release the brake pedal to move? Thanks in advance!
    Instead of using the brake pedal, use the hand brake

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Instead of using the brake pedal, use the hand brake
    Is that okay even if its CVT?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    no harm will come to the transmission, or the engine, po.
    transmission slip is normal in AT or CVT cars.
    you'll run out of right feet, if you press on the gas pedal and the brake pedal at the same time. it just ain't practical. i agree with sid: use the handbrake.
    and you will eventually notice, using the handbrake in instances like this, is easier if the handbrake is adjusted according to spec.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    no harm will come to the transmission, or the engine, po.
    transmission slip is normal in AT or CVT cars.
    you'll run out of right feet, if you press on the gas pedal and the brake pedal at the same time. it just ain't practical. i agree with sid: use the handbrake.
    and you will eventually notice, using the handbrake in instances like this, is easier if the handbrake is adjusted according to spec.
    I see. How about using hand break, ano po pwede maging prob nito sa katagalan kung ganun yung gagawin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
How to properly drive an automatic transmission car during traffic?