New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    tama sila, pati hanging pag praktisan mo maigi.. yun tipong, full stop na hanging ah,, lagi ako namamatayan dati sa ganun.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenet_3 View Post
    ang style ko dyan,
    before releasing the clutch pedal, try to match your rpm with the rpm nung bago mo pa tapakan clutch (your shifting rpm), then release clutch "gracefully", mga 2 sec lang yan.

ang theory ko (ewan kung accurate talaga), for smooth shifting, dapat pareho ang engine speed at speed nung transmission the moment they engage (release clutch)
    pag mas mabagal ang engine speed at clutch engage, they will force to match speed of each other , thus slowing the transmission speed and in effect your wheels. notice also na tataas rpm mo since na-force naman siya ng transmission na tumulin.
    dito mo mararamdaman yung parang sumubsob yung koste pagkabitaw mo ng clutch sa upshift. ibig sabihin kulang pa ang rpm mo. ganun din pag sumubsob ka sa downshift, kulang pa rin sa rpm (since kelangan mas mataas rpm mo sa lower gears at the same vehicle speed) or kulang ka sa preno at mabilis pa yung sasakyan

pag naman mas mabilis ang engine speed, the transmission (and wheels) will be forced to turn faster to match engine speed. dito naman yung mararamdaman mong very sudden na acceleration

basta dapat matched ang engine speed (rpm) at transmission speed.
    wala ring rule kung ano dapat mauna, kung clutch release ba o tapak sa pedal
    basta dapat matched ang rpm when engaging.
    for smooth shifting lang to,
    iba na ang usapan kung gusto mo humataw or mag-engine break

HTH
    you're making it hard for yourself... it's just as simple as "rev matching"...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Accelerate until the car has reached about 3,000 rpm or a little higher if the engine can still take more (doesn't sound like it's huffing or puffing tired), then take your foot off the gas, press down on the clutch pedal, and shift to next gear Then, release the clutch pedal gently, simultaneously pressing down gently on the gas pedal.

Others recommend shifting at around 2,000 rpm to save on gas. Fast drivers shift at near the red line. The key really is the GENTLY RELEASING OF CLUTCH PEDAL, SIMULTANEOUSLY PRESSING DOWN GENTLY ON THE GAS PEDAL.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi everyone!Im new hear looking for a nice car.Ok ba ang Mitsu GSR?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kanky View Post
    Hi everyone!Im new hear looking for a nice car.Ok ba ang Mitsu GSR?
    Yup,- I assume that this is the 97 and up model (pizza pie) - 2 door. Iyan ang loves kong tsikot,- para kaming mag-syota ng kumander ko....

:beam:
    Last edited by CVT; January 27th, 2007 at 02:09 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Bottomline,- you have to attain the right speed for the gear you're shifting to, (and you don't press the gas pedal that hard, while releasing the clutch o so gently, the latter not really a big factor if you got the first 2 right). There and only then, you eliminate sudden jolt....

:beam:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Others recommend shifting at around 2,000 rpm to save on gas.
    and that is true... no gas is saved when shifting low...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    and that is true... no gas is saved when shifting low...
    really? so the myth of shifting low will give you better mileage is not true??? can you pls elaborate on that... thanks a lot b21!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    you're making it hard for yourself... it's just as simple as "rev matching"...
    i'm not making it HARD for myself...
    i'm making it EASIER for the thread-starter to understand..

and besides if sinabi kong "REV MATCHING lang yan" at naintindihan niya, hindi na siya dapat nagtanong in the first place.
    hindi ko rin pala alam na may term na "rev matching"

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    really? so the myth of shifting low will give you better mileage is not true??? can you pls elaborate on that... thanks a lot b21!
    oooopsss, sorry I meant to say, "that is NOT true.... no gas is saved by shifting low..." Years ago I saw a thread in Team-Integra.net with charts, diagrams, numbers, etc, that monitored gas consumption in relation with driving in a certain rpm range ~ it proved that driving in the low end does not save you gas, in fact it eventually uses more gas, and that driving above 3,000 rpm consumes less gas on an ITR... I tried looking for that thread but couldn't find it...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
how to prevent sudden jolt when shifting gears