New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I have a Crosswind XUV 2003 model
    all stock never been opened, never nag over heat

Please help naman this is my 1st Automatic transmission car 80K na natakbo in 5 years of service. i just want to be sure and in the safe side. (and AVOID COSTLY REPAIRS)

According to the 1st owner they never had any major problems naman... and it shows din naman kasi complete ang CASA records starting the day it was born.

My problem is totoo ba na dapat ko na ipa OVER HAUL yung TRAMISSION ko wag ko na intayin masira??? honestly wala ako alam sa automatic trans.

1. PANO KO MALALAMAN KUNG MALAPIT NA MASIRA A/T transmission what are the signs i should look for? Para wag naman ma "total wreck" yung trany. mahal daw yun at mahirap pang humanap

2. Hangang ilang Kilometers kaya takbohin ng orig na A/T transmission cosidering the factory installed pa ito at never been opened. at use moderately lang?

3. If ever na my signs nga na dapat ng pa check yung A/T trany. Ano ba yung mga parts na kailangan palitan? may release bearing, presure plate, pilot bearing din ba ang AT or puro cluch plate?

4. Last question how much magagastos if worst comes to worst? sa CASA?
    sa SUKING mekaniko? Price ng parts?

Maraming salamat po! alam ko my mga tao ding parehas ko ng problems sana tulungan nyo kami hehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Cars are priced by options, mileage, and popularity.Some people think their car is worth more than gold, and some people price their car at market value - which is the price people are willing to pay for that type of vehicle at that time.

However, you can never really tell the condition of your transmission by just looking at it or the oil by its color....you can tell if it's really bad, but you can't tell if it is molecularly sound just by looking. On the other hand your tranny will last for the life of your car perhaps, beyond. Basicly your tranny is still considered new w/ only 80,000 km (49,000 miles). We all have diferent types of cars. Of course everything should be changed over time, but some dont need to for awhile. No need to fix something that is not broken, but do go to the service dealer (casa) for a second opinion or read your service manual for service intervals.

DO NOT OVERHAUL THAT TRANNY! WHO EVER SAID THAT TO YOU, TELL HIM TO SCRAAAAAAAM AND FIRED IT.

Here in U.S some car at 100,000 miles on their tranny before have it serviced: Flush it and install new filter and gasket you will have a peace of mind. But still a good practice to check the oil regularly(engine oil, tranny oil, brake fluid, radiator coolant and window washer) to avoid costly repair.

Your car still relatively new. If in doubt, service is small investment (gastos) to protect your return. Hope this help.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    wow i have the same question... but ask ko na rin. Is there really a need to change automatic transmission fluid periodically? Is it like engine oil na every few thousand kilometers kailangan palitan?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    flush the fluid every 2 years or 50,000 km.(most cases with filter)

don't try to fix the tranny if there's no problem to be fixed

a/t transmissions are designed to work without problems for 200 clicks or more

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You can change the fuid and filter at 100,000km or just do it now it won't make a difference. Find out what type of A/T fluid it uses and see if Royal Purple makes one for your vehicle. PM Speedyfix he has a shop, sells RP, and can flush your A/T. Once you have the synthetic in there you can flush it every 100,000km.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ok i have a few more questions but ill just make a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Cars are priced by options, mileage, and popularity.Some people think their car is worth more than gold, and some people price their car at market value - which is the price people are willing to pay for that type of vehicle at that time.

However, you can never really tell the condition of your transmission by just looking at it or the oil by its color....you can tell if it's really bad, but you can't tell if it is molecularly sound just by looking. On the other hand your tranny will last for the life of your car perhaps, beyond. Basicly your tranny is still considered new w/ only 80,000 km (49,000 miles). We all have diferent types of cars. Of course everything should be changed over time, but some dont need to for awhile. No need to fix something that is not broken, but do go to the service dealer (casa) for a second opinion or read your service manual for service intervals.

DO NOT OVERHAUL THAT TRANNY! WHO EVER SAID THAT TO YOU, TELL HIM TO SCRAAAAAAAM AND FIRED IT.

Here in U.S some car at 100,000 miles on their tranny before have it serviced: Flush it and install new filter and gasket you will have a peace of mind. But still a good practice to check the oil regularly(engine oil, tranny oil, brake fluid, radiator coolant and window washer) to avoid costly repa

Your car still relatively new. If in doubt, service is small investment (gastos) to protect your return. Hope this help.

Thanks v6dreamer i now have peace of mind. specially after reading thru other forums regarding AT transmisions!

God bless us all!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    overhaul before sya sira??? batukan mo nagsabi nun!

just do periodic atf drains and it should last you naman.

HELP PLEASE... XUV automatic dilemma