New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Nissan Serena QRV.R Ltd. A/T 2002

1. Sometimes when running on a not-so-heavy load, the car feels really heavy and medyo hirap ang engine. I would need to press the gas even harder to go faster. There are times na with a certain amount of load, magaan ang car. A little press lang, hataw na kaagad. But sometimes with the same load, mabigat ang feel. Sa transmission kaya 'to? or is there such thing as pagod or stressed ang car?

2. Do A/T/s have some anti-slip thing? Kanina I parked on an uphill road. I parked on the side of the road and on a wet bermuda grass area. So madulas nga sya. Then when i was about to go na, I shifted to 1, then when i pressed the gas, parang it was hesitating to go even if i was pressing half-way. Was it trying to avoid a slip? It did start to move uphill on the slippery part but it was slow. Then when it got to cement where theres traction, biglaan na lang tumakbo. It's normal right?

3. Re: no.2. Is it bad to do that? parang forcing the transmission to negotiate the slippery surface and just move forward. Should i have just reversed to a road with more traction. I did feel a backward-forward vibration on the car while it was trying to climb.

engine: no bad signs in itself. no weird noises. revs smoothly and willingly.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    It looks like you have some sort of electrical or fuel problems. Your problems do not sound normal on an A/T or M/T car.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    1. Sometimes when running on a not-so-heavy load, the car feels really heavy and medyo hirap ang engine. I would need to press the gas even harder to go faster. There are times na with a certain amount of load, magaan ang car. A little press lang, hataw na kaagad. But sometimes with the same load, mabigat ang feel. Sa transmission kaya 'to? or is there such thing as pagod or stressed ang car?
    nararamdadaman ko din to, sometimes maski mag isa lang ako parang mabigat, i need to re-press para kumagat..minsan naman maski loaded ako light touch lang e andar at arangkada agad.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to check your A/T fluid. have you changed it according to your PMS? baka sunog na or gastado na yung fluid nyo. this will cause you BIG BIG problems!

try to have your fluid changed or tested first. it could solve the problem.

a/t could slip, it could also stall given the right conditions. but what you're experiencing is not normal.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    try replacing the atf muna siguro so you can rule that out. lalo na if it's been in the tranny a long time na.

a few A/T questions/clarifications