New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Konting tulong lang po.

I recently changed my clutch master cylinder. DIY lang.

What I did is after the installation, connect the hydraulic lines, checked to see of the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder is closed, poured dot3 fluid on the reservoir, pumped the clutch pedal, release the pedal, open the slave cylinder bleeder valve.

After a few tries, still no pressure on the clutch pedal, malambot pa rin, pwedeng itulak ng kamay without effort.

How do we bleed it? ako lang kasi mag isa. wala akong mahanap na katulong mag bleed. after 2 days pa darating mga makaktulong sakin dito.
    -kelangan ba naka depress ang clutch pedal before loosening the bleeder screw sa slave cylinder?
    -few pumps (like 10 pumps) ba muna kelangan then depress then loosen the bleeder screw or depress the clutch pedal, then loosen the bleeder screw?

Ubos na 500ml ng brake fluid ko. di pa rin nagana clutch ko. bibili pa ulit ako mamaya.

Konting advice lang po.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    2002 Toyota Revo Diesel pala. If it matters. ;)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ang purpose kasi ng bleeding eh ang tanggalin ang hangin sa hydraulic lines/tubes, pati na sa cylinders, master at slave.
    for the clutch master, loosen the hydraulic line connection first, fill up the reservoir, let it flow out freely to fill up the master cylinder, then tighten the hydraulic line connection.
    for the hydraulic clutch, a simple way of doing this alone is to get a clear plastic tubing that can be slipped on the bleeder nipple, with the other end of the plastic tubing emptying on a small bottle or container with brake fluid. loosen the bleeder screw and observe the fluid flowing down the plastic tubing if there are air bubbles. wait until no bubbles are present, then tighten the bleeder screw.
    Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thanks for the reply.
    so no more pumping?
    How about if the fluid from the reservoir doesn't go down through the hydraulic lines?
    Like if I'm step on the clutch pedal, the pressure only goes back up to the reservoir?
    Would that indicate a blockage in the hydraulic line? but if I loosen the bleeder valve down the slave cylinder, brake fluid comes out and the reservoir drains slowly?
    Di ko tuloy maintindihan anu problema. I've bought a new repair kit. I'll try to put back later the old master cylinder with the new repair kit. Sana bumaba na ang fluid.
    4 days na naka tengga ang kotse. Di ko pa magamit.
    update ko nalang later.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    pump the pedal, habang naka depress ang pedal loosen the bleeder screw, then tighten the bleeder screw habang nkadepress pa rin repeat the procedure until wala bubbles na lumalabas sa fluid.

if you're going to replace the master cylinder again i-bench bleed mo muna ang master para walang hangin ma trap dito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    You have to pump the pedal until there is enough fluid in the slave cylinder then bleed.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by theshepherd View Post

....pumped the clutch pedal, release the pedal, open the slave cylinder bleeder valve.

Thanks
    it should be ....pump the pedal (normal pace), hold down pedal then bleed.

pwede mo pasakan ng kahoy to hold kung talagang wala ka nang makuhang katulong.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Pumping the pedal, releasing it and then opening the bleeder screw will not work because you're not "pushing" the air out at all.
    Our way of bleeding, "bomba!..pirmi!..bomba!.." won't work if you're alone. One way of bleeding a system alone is as tip tipid said; insert a suitable plastic or rubber tube on the bleeder screw, loosen it and immerse the other end into a container half-filled with fluid. Making sure that the supply is filled, pump the pedal several times thereby expelling air and siphoning in fresh fluid. Ten repeated pumps should take the air out of it. This can be done with the brakes also.
    The key is the master cylinder; it should be bench-bleeded thoroughly first.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Salamat sa mga reply.
    Nakatulong talaga mga advice ninyong lahat.
    I found out the problem. Defective and clutch master cylinder na nabili ko. Walang pressure, kahit tubig and iliagay. Ang ginawa ko bumili nalang ako ng repair kit. Seiken ang brand. Linis yung old clutch master, bench bleed muna, then kabit, wala pang 1 minute tapos na pag bleed, may pressure agad. Lakas pa.
    Ibinalik ko yung defective na clutch master sa auto supply sa pasay, pumayag naman after 9 days sa pagkakabili ko. Pinalitan ko nalang ng motor oil. Top 1 fully synthetic.

Thanks to all tsikoteers!
    More power God bless.