New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last week, I brought our Carnival 2001 to the casa for a check-up, oil change, and brake pad replacements....

Upon checking-up, the recommendations came and the scope of work were:
    Change Oil, Change Oil Filter, Change Brake Pads, Change Alternator and Aircon Belts, Adjust Parking Brake, Adjust Steering Wheel to Center and Clean Intake Manifold.

The work was finished past 7pm. While driving on my way home, I noticed the steering became hard when turning and may kabig pa sa kanan PLUS when the shifter is at P and shifted downwards to R/N/D ang tigas as if something is going to break, then kung mailipat man sa ibang gear, lalagutok muna.... and while its at D, the shifter can be moved upward and downwards (mukhang maluwag).....

These were not noticed prior to the check-up.

I got back the following day, the Steering was fixed but the Shifter was the same. Apparently, there was no violation of the Transmission with regards to the work done. The Service Advisor said it seems to be that the Transmission Cable is tight and needs to be adjusted.

Any comments and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ??? Obviously may kinalikot ang casa sa transmission mo. Either done on purpose or an accident... How come all of a sudden nasira yan when you brought it in the shop??

I am sure may na-adjust sila sa mga cables and links ng transmission. Better demand that they fix it for FREE or magalit ka.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    ??? Obviously may kinalikot ang casa sa transmission mo. Either done on purpose or an accident... How come all of a sudden nasira yan when you brought it in the shop??
    This is what I said to the Service Advisor when I came back.

I am sure may na-adjust sila sa mga cables and links ng transmission. Better demand that they fix it for FREE or magalit ka.
    Apparently, wala daw sila ginalaw.....

Thanks man.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Normal na sagot nila yan sa Casa na kesyo wala silang ginalaw.. dyan ako asar na asar.. kaya minsan mas ok pa mag dala sa mga kilalang shop kita mo pa ginagawa nila.. kung lapse na warranty ng car mo mas ok pa sa labas kesa sa casa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa casa di mo kasi makita kung ano ginagawa. pwede pa nila palitan mga pyesa ng car mo kung may ogags na mekaniko dun. better na talaga sa service shop na nakikita mo yung repairs kesa sa casa na ayaw magpapasok ng customers

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I don't think, I will be going back there anytime soon after what happened.

Can you suggest any shop where I could have it checked?

HELP: Automatic Transmision Shifter Problem