New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Thank you for your input. And yes, I have the jumper cables for our AT vehicles, just in case (and a plan to hail a taxi for help in that eventuality.. hehehe)...

Anyway, I just want to have a peek at that option.
    i think i'll have to consider that booster battery as well...the pajero's been going through batteries (4 batteries in over 4 years) like cookie monster in a cookie shop. :lol: minsan kasi naiiwanan bukas ang lights, radio on with the engine off...and so on.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Should work on diesels.

Personally, I'd rather buy a good set of jumper cables. No maintenance kung baga. If you need a boost, just ask a taxi driver or any car owner for help.
    If it's a diesel that needs to be jumped, ask a truck driver that has a diesel too. They need lots of power to start the diesel engine. A normal taxi with gas engines usually aren't enough.

And if you have a diesel, get the thicker gauge wire jumper cables. The thin ones restrict it too much kaya it won't do.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A/T's are easy enough to jump start.

For diesels, you need the proper cables. I burned through my crappy ones. You should ask help from another diesel engined vehicle (they're pretty easy to find).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hello
    This is fantastic, thanks to all of you for the helpful replies. I was struggling to make a decision whether I'd go for an automatic or a manual. I think I am at this age now where i prefer easy, relax driving. Also, where I live, the traffic congestion is one of the worst in the world.

Kiper: Thank you for the link! I am printing that page and going to make a little booklet to put in my car. Googling for Battery Booster I got the name Jump-N-Carry. It comes in various model starting with 1100 peak amps and for trucks with 3400 peak amps. Price ranges from $160 to $400.

Black and Decker also manufactures Battery Booster.

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just check if your battery booster can actually start your vehicle. Some boosters are not capable of starting larger diesels.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Greetings and a question about AT transmission