New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good day sirs,

I drive a 2010 montero sport 4x2 2.5l (4d56t) with an A/T tranny,

its almost due for an ATF replacement, the service manual specifies that DIA QUEEN ATF SP III is to be used when changing ATF, is there any equivalent replacement for DIA QUEEN ATF SP III?

I've heard Castrol Transmax is the way to go but someone suggested ZIC ATF SPIII is a cheaper alternative,

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ZIC SP III hanapin nyo sa olx meron

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    OEM: Mitsubishi ATF SP3 For Sale Philippines - Find Brand New Mitsubishi ATF SP3 On OLX

EDIT: Apparently, they've ran out of stock. Last bottle, based on their ad. Have you tried calling Mitsubishi dealers?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ATF is the lifeblood of your transmission. If the maintenance handbook requires you to put original Mitsubishi ATF, then by all means follow it.

Never scrimp on which ATF is the cheapest or more recommended. Too late to realize that if your tranny is already slipping and sliding in gear, or it wont shift at all.

Lastly, have a tranny flush, not just an oil change. If your gearbox has an ATF filter, replace that too. Clean, if its the screen/mesh type.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mobil has a multi-vehicle ATF na DIA SPIII compatible same with Castrol multi-vehicle ATF.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    What's the price difference berween Dia Queen and the alternative ATF? Divide it by the change interval (kms or months). That will give you idea if it is worth it.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    Good day sirs,

its almost due for an ATF replacement, the service manual specifies that DIA QUEEN ATF SP III is to be used when changing ATF, is there any equivalent replacement for DIA QUEEN ATF SP III?

I've heard Castrol Transmax is the way to go but someone suggested ZIC ATF SPIII is a cheaper alternative,
    Check it out at any El Dorado branches.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Tested ko na yung Castrol Transmax Multi Vehicle for my 09 Santa Fe and Montero. 330 per liter.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    SP3 is not the same as Diaqueen SP3

Look at the label to be sure... it should state diaqueen sp3.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    Good day sirs,

We have the same vehicle make/model and age. Sad to say the cheapest ATF with specific SP III requirement for our Monty is still the synthetic Dia Queen ATF available at your local Mitsu dealer. Also have the ATF Filter (2k+ pesos/filter) replaced every time your ATF is replaced (every 40,000kms) to achieve maximum A/T life. There is no aftermarket OEM replacement for the ATF filter sadly. Other equivalent ATF with SP III rating are mostly expensive or if may be cheaper but harder to acquire in stable supply. Using regular Dexron III ATF will damage your A/T. You can save by prolonging the ATF change interval from 40,000 kms to 50,000 kms which I did for the 150,000 km of my Monty.
    Last edited by roydok; August 2nd, 2016 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast