New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    SP3 is not the same as Diaqueen SP3

Look at the label to be sure... it should state diaqueen sp3.
    I think they are the same sir. Diaqueen SP3 is the name of this Mitsubishi ATF in Japan. In other countries, like ours, they labeled it as Diamond SP3.

My Space Wagon is due for an ATF change and in our province, Dia sp iii is impossible to buy. I'll take sir jmpet626's note and will try Castrol Transmax MV.

Just wan'na share: I totalled my tranny 6 years ago when I used Dexron III. NEVER EVER use this ATF for your Mitsubishi tranny... unless you use it with Lubeguard HFM (which is very hard to come by & adt'l. burden on your wallet). The friction coefficient is different. SpIII contain more friction modifier than Dexron type. More FM means the fluid is slippier. Gear change generally smoother.
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; November 22nd, 2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: wala lang ...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    Good day sirs,

I drive a 2010 montero sport 4x2 2.5l (4d56t) with an A/T tranny,

its almost due for an ATF replacement, the service manual specifies that DIA QUEEN ATF SP III is to be used when changing ATF, is there any equivalent replacement for DIA QUEEN ATF SP III?

I've heard Castrol Transmax is the way to go but someone suggested ZIC ATF SPIII is a cheaper alternative,
    Too late to realize that if your tranny is already slipping and sliding in gear, or it wont shift at all.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    Good day sirs,

I drive a 2010 montero sport 4x2 2.5l (4d56t) with an A/T tranny,

its almost due for an ATF Audacity Find My iPhone Origin replacement, the service manual specifies that DIA QUEEN ATF SP III is to be used when changing ATF, is there any equivalent replacement for DIA QUEEN ATF SP III?

I've heard Castrol Transmax is the way to go but someone suggested ZIC ATF SPIII is a cheaper alternative,
    Too late to realize that if your tranny is already slipping and sliding in gear, or it wont shift at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12