New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffy1523 View Post
    ei chong, pareho tayo ng auto, same color!

i went for a quotation in Rapide, mura lang naman 1.4K (300/liter of AC Delco Dexron III ata yun) plus labor of 200. Kaya lang ive seen a long list of thread involving bad reviews from Rapide services, kaya nag alangan na ako.

I went to Toyota Bicutan, they quoted 1.3K, mas cheaper but they dont know the exact spec of the atf (most probably TIV yun ung pang toyota talaga.......pero alam ko specifically pang newer models lang yun, like 2003 and up....not sure though)

Kya eto, naguguluhan na naman ako...i prefer rapide kasi Dexron III is almost similar to Dexron III which our car wants but dread the service and Toyota which sounds reputable but not sure naman kung what spec of ATF ang ilalagay nila....

haaaay........
    sakit ba sa ulo? haha

nagpaflush ako ng atf sa Petron service center. bumili lang ako ng 4liters of ATF (Total Dexron III- 160/liter) +200 labor. wala pa 1k!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hindi naman maselan sa fluid yan hindi kagaya ng chrysler vehicles,

kaya pwede na ang dextron III

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Slippage can be caused by a faulty solenoid or burned/worn down clutch pack.

As has been said, a fresh ATF should be reddish and clear (not cloudy). If it's brown, it might already be too late. There's a good chance that this is caused by overheated and worn down clutch packs. Changing the ATF will help a little, but it will not fix the problem. Best practice for this is a tranny overhaul to replace the clutch packs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    12 yrs!!!! sulit na atf na yan!!! be sure to drain the fluid in the torque converter too.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    transtech may be the way to go kung di pa napapalitan in 12 years. hehe! 1 time big time na gastos para tumagal ulit.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    transtech may be the way to go kung di pa napapalitan in 12 years. hehe! 1 time big time na gastos para tumagal ulit.
    Hi speedyfix,
    do you do transtech for toyota revo? my AT trans has a similar problem... Toyota advised me to change the solenoid valve, but its too expensive.. My car is toyota revo 99, how much will transtech cost (ok lang estimate)? thanks in advance!

Btw, i'm planning to visit your shop tom regarding my AT prob.. nasa shop ka ba tom?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post

sir speedy, what is transtech? is this like rebuilding the transmission? pde pahingi ng quote? you can reply through pm.

thank you and more power

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    AFAIK, transtech is a deep clean of the ATF. Normal ATF change, you just drain and fill with new fluid and filter if equipped. However, a few liters are always left inside the tourque converter. This is normal. With proper maintenance this is all thats needed.

Transtech is a process where you use a machine to flush out all ATF. This is done by filling the AT with ATF while running the transtech unit. You will probably need 12 or more liters of ATF for this. Effect is you have fresh ATF. No old ATF left.

You can also change your ATF every few days. Effect should be similar to transtech. Trade off is time.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I already change the ATF and cleaned the filter but we notice that the filter is loose because the O ring is not there anymore. Could it be the reason why after an overnight parking it would take a longer time to react when I put my gear in D drive. I don't have a problem on the reverse only forwarding. A few minutes after I started my engine i need to wait for at least 2 minutes before the car can move forward when I put the gear to D Drive but once it started working even if I stop the engine for a coulple of hours I don't have this problem. I can put the gear to D Drive and drive without an issue. The weird thing is nangyayari lang ito kapag galing ako sa overnight parking. Hassle kasi pag nagmamadali ka pag umaga nagaantay ka pa parang sa diesel . Sana di naman transmission.

Ford Lynx GSI 2000 Model

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranrev View Post
    I already change the ATF and cleaned the filter but we notice that the filter is loose because the O ring is not there anymore. Could it be the reason why after an overnight parking it would take a longer time to react when I put my gear in D drive. I don't have a problem on the reverse only forwarding. A few minutes after I started my engine i need to wait for at least 2 minutes before the car can move forward when I put the gear to D Drive but once it started working even if I stop the engine for a coulple of hours I don't have this problem. I can put the gear to D Drive and drive without an issue. The weird thing is nangyayari lang ito kapag galing ako sa overnight parking. Hassle kasi pag nagmamadali ka pag umaga nagaantay ka pa parang sa diesel . Sana di naman transmission.

Ford Lynx GSI 2000 Model
    During this point, try to shift to the lowest gear, "L" or "1"...it worked for me...itll probably work for you too, then shift to D na lang when theres momentum already. mukhang ang problema is parang kelangan muna ng gears malangisan or kelangan ng momentum muna, im not sure what causes this problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Delayed AT during cold start