New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi Sirs/Madams

Question lang po sa '96 Corolla GLI na matic. During cold start kasi, matagal mag react ang AT ko, like minsan inaabot ng 2 minutes before sya unti unti gumapang and finally kumagat. After a few minutes of running, (kumbaga uminit na ang auto) ok na ang kick nya pag nilalagay sa D or sa R. Kumakagat naman sya agad..

Is this normal for an AT that is 12 years old? meron na ba ako dapat palitan (aside from the car) sa tranny? do i need to change atf? (mejo matagal na rin kasi atf-i dont even have the slightest idea how the atf is changed)

anyway, sincerely appreciate your advises

thanks a lot!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The ATF needs to be changed as well as the ATF's filter periodically.

Also try checking the ATF's level via the dip stick when the engine has warmed up to operating temp.

You can bring the car to a service station and have them do the fluid change for you. Just make sure they have enough ATF in stock.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're ATF is 12 years old, that's very old (assuming normal use, say 12k km/year)....

change atf every 30-40k kms.

How? http://www.howtodothings.com/automot...ion-fluid.html

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    wala na ako ma say +1 na kay sir GH & ERICP

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    wala na ako ma say +1 na kay sir GH & ERICP

same here! this is probably if not the only site which has some of the best advisers about automobiles.

thanks a lot GH and ERICP!

by the way, do you have any recommended specific shop who does atf change? (speedyfix? can do?....)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speedyfix could do it. So can Speedlab.

It's pretty much a basic fluid replacement job that a full service gas station can do as well. Just make sure the filter is replaced as well.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Matic din un akin. Pag napansin ko na mtagal ang reaction ng transmisison pag nilagay sa D, chinecheck ko na un ATF. always check your fluid level. bka kailangan mo na din drain yan. kaya yan sa khit saang gas station. you will need about 4 liters of ATF. mararamdaman mo, smooth ang shifting ng gears after replacement.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Additional info, the color of fresh ATF is pinkish to red. so pag brown na un atf sa dipstick mo with a burnt smell, palitan na yan!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by androodge View Post
    Additional info, the color of fresh ATF is pinkish to red. so pag brown na un atf sa dipstick mo with a burnt smell, palitan na yan!
    ei chong, pareho tayo ng auto, same color!

i went for a quotation in Rapide, mura lang naman 1.4K (300/liter of AC Delco Dexron III ata yun) plus labor of 200. Kaya lang ive seen a long list of thread involving bad reviews from Rapide services, kaya nag alangan na ako.

I went to Toyota Bicutan, they quoted 1.3K, mas cheaper but they dont know the exact spec of the atf (most probably TIV yun ung pang toyota talaga.......pero alam ko specifically pang newer models lang yun, like 2003 and up....not sure though)

Kya eto, naguguluhan na naman ako...i prefer rapide kasi Dexron III is almost similar to Dexron III which our car wants but dread the service and Toyota which sounds reputable but not sure naman kung what spec of ATF ang ilalagay nila....

haaaay........

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Speedyfix could do it. So can Speedlab.

It's pretty much a basic fluid replacement job that a full service gas station can do as well. Just make sure the filter is replaced as well.

OT:

does all AT have atf filters? im changing my atf when im having my pms (sabay sa change oil para hindi makalimutan).

ie, altis, trooper?

TIA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Delayed AT during cold start