New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    noob lang po sa AT which one should i use going downhill? to be specific un downhill ng Subic area, kaya ba i-shift un AT from D to D2 while moving or should i stop muna before shifting sa D2? or i just click the OD off mula sa entry ng Subic-Tipo? tnx po sa mga mag advice

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    No need to stop if you're shifting from D to D2.

As for what shift program to use - it will depend entirely on you. D2 will give you stronger engine braking, but I think it's overkill for the Tipo highway if you aren't driving aggressively. D without overdrive should be fine unless you absolutely need the engine braking because you're about to crash into someone else's rear bumper.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    For me, D lang ako... Hindi naman steep downhill iyan...

If you want, then you can just turn off your overdrive (by pressing the button), or go to D2,- no need to stop to do any of these... Just be sure that you are not running too fast,,, 60KPH should still be okay, I think. Consult your manual just to be sure....

17.3K:type:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just stay in D.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I have been in Subic twice...also an AT driver. I just used D all the way from Subic to Manila. And for sometime running * 130-140