New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007

My ride's a honda city type z 1.3 2002. I think i have a major problem with my transmission (i hope i'm wrong). Sa south super hiway kapag nagdadrive ako nararamdaman ko minsan na pag nagshift ako to second gear sa una parang ang bagal tapos mararaamdaman mo na parang biglang lalakas yung power or yung hatak. minsan naman vice versa. someitmes in 3rd gear or fourth i experience this. so what i do is i release the gas pedal then step on it again. ito po ba yung tintatawag nilang clutch sliding? kelangn na ba palitan o mareremedyuhan pa yung transmission assembly ko?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pag sliding clutch na problem. usually you have to rev your engine hard (high rpm) to achieve acceleration or if you need to downshift more frequently when going uphill.

pwede ring stuck-up throttle cable ang dahilan ng problema mo. Have a mechanic test drive it para madiagnose yan. good luck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does your engine rev up without the car speeding up?

If yes, then your clutch is sliding. To fix the problem, the clutch disk will have to be replaced. usually the pressure plate and bearing gets replaced as well.

BTW, have a mechanic check the clutch adjustment if there is any adjustment left for your clutch. If it's already adjusted to its maximum, no choice but to change the clutch for a new one (or "rebond" new friction material on the old clutch disk).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    may mga recommended shops ba dito for clutch problems?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arnarn View Post
    may mga recommended shops ba dito for clutch problems?
    The usual recommended shops should be able to fix it. Like Speedyfix and Speedlab.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Does your engine rev up without the car speeding up?

If yes, then your clutch is sliding. To fix the problem, the clutch disk will have to be replaced. usually the pressure plate and bearing gets replaced as well.

BTW, have a mechanic check the clutch adjustment if there is any adjustment left for your clutch. If it's already adjusted to its maximum, no choice but to change the clutch for a new one (or "rebond" new friction material on the old clutch disk).
    yes sir... sometimes parang ganun ang nararamdaman ko. pero not to the extent naman na no increase in speed. Meron pero parang minimal lang. I dont think na na adjust na yung clutch nito at least thats what i know. yung dati n may ari sa casa pinamaintain. I just dont know kung having it tuned up eh napaadjust na nya yung clutch.. ill have a mechanic check it asap sir! ..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk0616 View Post
    I just dont know kung having it tuned up eh napaadjust na nya yung clutch.. ill have a mechanic check it asap sir! ..
    Typically with non-casa shops, they will not really keep a record of your car so they wouldn't adjust the clutch unless you complained about it some way or another.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi I have the same problem, my clutch is already sliding, my mechanic told me that the clutch disk and release bearing needs to be replaced and will check the if pressure plate needs get replaced too.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sa A/T po ba may clutch sliding rin? civic lxi 96 a/t po.. pansin ko kasi medyo mahina hatak eh pag normal na tapak lang..pag diniinan tapak magddownshift normally then lalakas ang hatak pero di ganun kalakas..

Clutch Sliding