New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi Sir, I am a newbie here. I own a Isuzu Crosswind XUVi 2004 model (Automatic 2.5L Diesel). I got this 2nd hand.

I noticed that the "Check Trans" light is on before I start the engine and goes away after a few seconds and does not appear while driving. I am not sure if this is normal. I brought it to 3 mechanics and did a test drive. All 3 of them noticed that the car was under powered pointing leaning to transmission problem. After this observations I decided to bring it to a shop to have the transmission removed for checking. Below is what they did:

1) Checked and confirmed that the car was not flooded.
    2) Drained the ATF and replaced with a new one (around 9L)
    3) Replaced the kick-down cable as it was broken.
    4) He recommended to change some parts (sorry I do not know what exactly they are).

After spending and doing all the above, the car was running like a charm but I still noticed the "Check Trans" light is still there. Just need some help or advise on what to do next or is this normal. Any advise would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the response improved, it could be a faulty sensor, imho.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    if the response improved, it could be a faulty sensor, imho.
    Thanks for the reply sir.I just asked yung mechanic na nagayos and told me to have it scanned sa Casa since lahat daw nung sensor na check niya and its working fine. Possibly grounded daw. Do I have any other options aside sa dalhin ko sa Casa? Thanks in advance!

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Sir, Normal lang po talaga ang "Check Trans" light. It's a way of informing the driver na nasa Park (AT) or Neutral (MT) dapat ang transmission mo para hindi agad umabante ang sasakyan.
    Last edited by JAPastrana; December 13th, 2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: changed drive to driver

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    IMHO kaya sya na "check trans" before mag start is dahil di pa umiikot yung ATF meaning di pa sya ready for operation. Once you start the engine at nag flow na yung ATF and ready for use mamatay na sya meaning ready for use na. Its the same on my Mitsu, kaya normal lang yan...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    "bulb check" ang tawag dun

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    IMHO just normal...just like the engine oil light pag switch on naka sindi rin then pag start in a few seconds(2-4) mamamatay din...they wer design that way that it will just show na working ang mga warning lights/indicator like engine oil,atf,water sedimentor,battery and the like... once na hindi namatay may problem ka just like sa oil and atf baka kulang or contaminated oil/fluid mo, sa fuel/water sedimentor naman pag di namamatay may water contamination ang fuel mo, yung battery indicator naman pag di namatay may problem sa charging ang sasakyan mo...im no expert here...

"Check Trans" Light On in Isuzu Crosswind