New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    My Dad Borrowed my Car and he said have I done Burn out with it sabi ko di pa.. kasi nga bago lang ako natuto mag manual.. at iniingatan ko nga.. tpos un with 205/45/ 17's rims pina iyak nia ung gulong ng 2 and a half meters tpos sabay iyak din sa 2nd gear.. dirediretso na hataw... may na amoy ako na sunog its the tire and I guess clutch din.. na awa ako sa car ko pero nabilib ako, na capable pala sya sa ganun.. grabe bilis sumibat hahaha!! at tinanung ko sya kung san rpm sya nag shift sabi nia di nia napansin sana naman di nia nasagad sa redline.. huhuhu!... tinanung ko sya naku ung clutch ko... sabi nia di yan makapal pa yan.. 1000 plus palang ung odo reading ko so I guess makapal pa nga un??

ang tanung talaga bang may ma aamoy ka na sunog? and damay ba tlga ang clutch pag nag burn out ka?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    damay din yun kasi ang clutch natin ay parang sandwich yan.. and seesaw method. pag tinapakan mo, titigil sa pagikot yung clutch disc mo.. kaya dun lagi nauubos ang clutch disc..and imagine mo at high rpm tapos biglang release mo yung clutch pedal.. kaya damay po tlga

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    pero as for my clutch meron parin natira dun i mean hindi naman ubos un.. kasi 1000 plus palang odo ko ayaw ko naman mag palit ng gnun ka aga.. huhu.. makapal pa po un db?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the clutch wasn't yet broken in, the stuff done could do some long term damage to the way the tranny shifts.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ibig sabihin may sira na agad transmission ko po? parang ang bilis naman po?? eh ung iba nga po db palagi nag papa iyak ng gulong or humahataw sa kalye? akin po once lang po naihataw...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by karlo4real View Post
    ibig sabihin may sira na agad transmission ko po? parang ang bilis naman po?? eh ung iba nga po db palagi nag papa iyak ng gulong or humahataw sa kalye? akin po once lang po naihataw...
    have the CASA check it, bro. para san pa yung warranty ng brand new car. I'm sure makapal pa yan, and the burnt smell will go away in a day or two ng normal use. I've done that with my B12 many times.. though mas madali talaga magwear, pero nde naman one time lang, sira na..

but still, for peace of mind, have the CASA check it. sabihin mo lang may burnt smell kaya you got worried.. if tanungin ka kung may kinalaman ka...
    PLAY DEAD lang..

wala kang alam..

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Your dad smoked the clutch If he want to race have it change your clutch and pressure plate, get a tachometer so that he can change within the power band of the cam, gear changing is up to him. This is risky, I would recommend that tell to your dad not doing that. Some cars that he see's doing that are build with a clutch that can withstand the great amounts of heat and friction, your's is not.

Tell him, don't waste your time and your engine. Its your car.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    When I read the thread title I thought your Rio went literally up in flames.

It'd be really hard to say no to your dad if he wants to do that again... especially if you got the car with his help.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    If the clutch wasn't yet broken in, the stuff done could do some long term damage to the way the tranny shifts. <- what does this mean? ung tranny mechanism ko ang sira instead of my clutch or the clutch suffer some damage not my tranny cause if its my tranny mechanism patay na mahal ata un..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karlo4real View Post
    If the clutch wasn't yet broken in, the stuff done could do some long term damage to the way the tranny shifts. <- what does this mean? ung tranny mechanism ko ang sira instead of my clutch or the clutch suffer some damage not my tranny cause if its my tranny mechanism patay na mahal ata un..
    It means the clutch plate might become grooved and might have uneven engagement resulting in a jerking motion when you release the clutch when shifting gears.

Other stuff you might want to consider is the wear & tear on the tranny itself. A smoothly broken-in gearing can increase fuel mileage a bit. On the otherside, badly damaged gearing can increase friction within the tranny and end up consuming more fuel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Burning Rio!!!