New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just got a second hand Buddyclub shiftlight. It doesn't have the cigarette lighter plug socket anymore.

Can anyone please suggest a shop where I can have this installed?

Thanks in advance to your replies
    8)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you might want to try sa Fusion R sa may E. Rodriguez. The shop is near the Petron Station, corner tomas morato. I'm sure they know how to do it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can have it installed at Group5 along shaw if their mechanic is still working for them. They did a few installations of such before.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    he he... hey dexlab! di ko pa nakabit eh... next week siguro pag balik ko manila.

ghosthunter,
    thanks man. try ko dun or sa Fusion R. pero diba iba na may ari ng Group 5? iba na pangalan nung shop nila eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Supierreman,
    The Buddy Club Shift lite doesn't have the lighter plug at all, it attaches directly to the tach output of the distributor or tach input signal behind the gauge cluster.
    The type that goes into the lighter plug uses a different signal pickup system.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Auto_Xer,

thanks for the info! ...i'll have it installed probably next week. If there are problems consulta ako sa yo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    whats so special about this "Buddy club shift light"?

you just attach to the cigarette lighter just like a cellphone charger?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MAXBUWAYA,

Yung nakuha ko kay Dexlab sabi ni Auto_xer yan yung model na wala palang Lighter plug. Yung pivot shift light yung pwede sa lighter plug.

Auto_xer told me na sa Fusion R ko pakabit. Probably this sat siguro
    wala lang... minsan kase I like to shift my car at the limit para ma maintain ko lang VTEc kahit sa single cam lang ...Buti pa SiR mo... lakas! If you want din you can install a shift light in your Weapon car diba. masaya yun!

Rev it up to redline... shiftlite on... shift up... rev it all again... shiftlite...shift up! :P

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA

you just attach to the cigarette lighter just like a cellphone charger?
    Its just another brand of "shift lights". Its rather simple to install and works pretty well. Its also one of the smaller types of shift lights. Most others look like big metal tubes kasi.

Having a shift light is an advantage when racing because you can do consistent shifts at the proper RPM level you have set.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    supps

nabili mo na pala yung shiftlight kay dex. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buddyclub Shiftlite installation