New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sir sa Lancer daw dalawa ang AT Filter.

Ano yung papalitan, yung sa loob or sa labas.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The filter is a metal screen. They can usually be reused after a thorough cleaning. You need to replace them if they have corroded (nadudurog na) or have signs of corroding soon (e.g. rust).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest that you change your filter every atf change. Don't forget to drain your torque converter. Don't pour the recomended amount all at once. Start from 4 liters (for a 6.5 capacity tranny) start the engine and gradually add more while the tranny is on D, with your foot on the brake and the service brake on of course.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    buhayin ko lang tong thread. last post was a day before my first son was born :D so kinda busy and tight sa budget. but since it's xmas bonus time, had a chance and budget for some basic car maintenance.

nway, my question is about the A/T filter. while having the engine oil changed, i inspected the tranny and found out that it has no oil pan where the filter is supposed to be located.

wala ba talaga oil pan yung A/T ng civic esi 93? kung wala, wala din ba filter? f that's the case, palit lang talaga ng ATF and pwede? how about the magnet inside that is supposed to get all metallic chorva inside hehehe?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    I would suggest that you change your filter every atf change. Don't forget to drain your torque converter. Don't pour the recomended amount all at once. Start from 4 liters (for a 6.5 capacity tranny) start the engine and gradually add more while the tranny is on D, with your foot on the brake and the service brake on of course.
    Sir ano yung torque converter? at bakit kaialangan sya i-drain?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    wala talaga filter sa honda, just drain it out and replace the atf. get some good full syn atf.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    wala talaga filter sa honda, just drain it out and replace the atf. get some good full syn atf.
    that's why. tagal ko na hinahanap eh ndi ko makita hehehe

i would like to use a good atf maybe a full synthetic as you advised but i dont i can get that here in our area. will settle fro Total Dexron III (mura eh) then next oil change will use synthetic.

tnx!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    haha! that should be ko na. RP also has full syn atf in case you're interested.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    was finally able to change the atf. six liters Total ATF lahat naubos ko. tried the "ghetto style" flushing although with some modification kasi mag isa lang ako.

ginaya ko yung ginawa nung isang tsikoteer. start engine then engage agad sa Drive for 5 sec then patay uli makina to fill up the tranny.

nagkaproblem pa ako dun sa paghanap ng hose na palabas ang ATF from the tranny. mali nung una kong ginawa kaya spilled ATF ang nagyari. buti na lang graba lang yung parking area namin hehehe.

very dark brown na din yung used ATF. 4 years na ata yun so talagang for oil change na. sana ok na shifting lalo na pag paahon.

dapat tumatakbo ang makina at nasa working temp. to check the level.. kung di in-accurate yan..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Best ATF for high mileage automatic transmission?