New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have a Nissan Terrano with automatic transmission, I encountered delayed shifting and I had the ATF flushed and and changed, the filter cleaned.

Problem was solved, and shifting became smooth. 4 days later, Nov 1, I went to the cemetetery, experienced bumper to bumper traffic on the way, for about an hour and a half. When I went home, and along the road, I experience shifting problem again.

What do you think is the problem?
    Do I need to have it flushed and cleaned again?
    Im a newbie here., I appreciate every input a can gather.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka hindi magtatrabaho ang atf cooler mo...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pano ba macheck yung ATF Cooler? San banda ba nakalagay yun?
    Pag nagpachange ATF oil ba, machecheck yun, or pede masilip kung gumagana or hindi.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    First thing to check is your tranmission oil dip stick (it should be at least warmed-up, and driver with brake on, in gear). And if that, didn't solve the problem, ask your mechanic to show what kind filter did he change, because AT don't have filter, but rather strainer. By the way, when your checking the transmission oil stick, make sure that your on the side of the vehicle, just in case the driver slip and took his/her foot off the brake.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    overheat kaya AT mo? bumper to bumper extended period of time better to put it in N with parking brake.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I suspect it's overheating. Kung walang ATF cooler yung ride mo... palagyan mo na!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    About the ATF rating or brand to use. ano po ba dapat?
    Is Shell ATF ok to use or do i need a brand which suits the Nissan Terrano Subic type? which one? thanks

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moneymaker
    Pano ba macheck yung ATF Cooler? San banda ba nakalagay yun?
    Pag nagpachange ATF oil ba, machecheck yun, or pede masilip kung gumagana or hindi.

Nasa harap ng radiator yon parang condenser ng aircon pero smaller. Meron naman naka built-in sa loob ng radiator sa lower part. Check its metal tubings/hoses baka may kinks o yupi na nakaka restrict ng flow ng atf.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    had the atf reflushed again, the filteres and pan cleaned.
    had an improvement on my ride

maybe some dirt on the torque on my first atf change went down on my second atf oil change. i used a dextron III rating atf.

irst, 2nd, 3rd gear engaging satisfactorily
    engaging to 4th gear seems to take time, or i am just to anxious to reach high speed at early, flooring the pedal a little bit, makes a rev, but speed doent go as i would expect a gas engine would. have to play the pedal to achive my desired speed until i go into turbo which is a smooth sailing.

nice to have a turbo, makes my diesel engine runs faster at a lower diesel consumption (thats what i feel, am i right)

im thinking of a third and final ATF change after a month, hoping i get MORE IMPROVEMENT and a much more satisfactory and smoother ride and shifting.

As i read in some forums, this is what they do, just to get off the old atf as it cannot be totally drained in one atf change. A total reflushed of ATF is possible they said using some sort of a vaccum machine but have to be wary of the consequences of doing such. Doing a vacuum might with its pressure might suck off some small parts or particles inside the transmission that can result to more

Automatic transmission delayed shifting, ADVICE PLS