New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    gaano kalakas ang normal jerky??

sa akin...1st to 2nd gear. parang malakas at masydo ang shift shock niya eh.

kapag light ang pagtapak sa gas...medyo mahina ang jerk. pero pag napadiin ng konti..

parang nag-umpugan sila. ramdam talaga.

by the way, nag-palit na ako ng surplus transmission. mukhang palpak ata yung nabili ko eh.

kasi dati di naman ganun.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    :groupwave:
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterZerg View Post
    i was about to post this topic... mine is a honda esi a/t. how do you guys maintain atf fluid?do you know a thread here where i can find tips on adding and checking all fluids?brake,atf,etc.. specially for a/t

thanks in advance...
    medyo naunahan ka lang naman ng 2 years, hehehe ganda picture mo bro

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuke0 View Post
    gaano kalakas ang normal jerky??

sa akin...1st to 2nd gear. parang malakas at masydo ang shift shock niya eh.

kapag light ang pagtapak sa gas...medyo mahina ang jerk. pero pag napadiin ng konti..

parang nag-umpugan sila. ramdam talaga.
    pretty normal, it's the tranny cable that keeps you at lower gear longer. the more you pull the cable, the longer it keeps you from upshifting...

it's like sports mode, if you want more power, you have to stay longer on the lower gear...

you can loosen the cable a bit for smother shift at the price of a lesser bit response once you step on the gas. lesser grip going uphill or under heavyloads. but sometimes, some A/T's do need to loosen it a bit.
    Last edited by rion; July 7th, 2007 at 03:40 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Mga tsong worth it ba mag pa transtech sa autotechnika?

I have 110T+ reading pero di ko alam kung pina-flush na ng previous owner yung ATF. 97 civic po auto.

Pag check ko sa dipstick sabi ng mekaniko ok pa naman daw at di kailangan palitan and so far no complaints ako sa takbo ng auto. Plannning to do have it done tomorrow.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Good morning Tsikoteers!

Ano ba ang mga disadvantages kung laging naka-"on" yong "overdrive" sa transmission? Feedbacks will be highly appreciated, thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    no disadvantages at all. mas matipid sa gas kasi mas maaga ang shifting nya kung naka on ang over drive.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    nag-improve yung jerky feeling ko when shifting.

after i bought...an expensive atf oil.

i both Mobil 1 synthetic oil.

i drained the oil for about 1 day.

filled up around 3 liter of oil.

and drove test it.

parang di ko ma feel ang shifting ngayon kasi di na siya jerky.

obserbahan ko pa rin kung hanggang kelan ang smooth shifting niya.

well..alagaan ko na lang sa oil.

mas magandang oil talaga mas maganda.

P750 a liter.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mukhang mas ok yata drain and fill lang ng new synthetic oil than i pa flush... hmmm...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just remember that when you drain your ATF, some fluid will still be left inside the torque converter. This is normal and I won't worry about it unless your ATF is badly burnt (amoy sunog). I think the only way to get it out is to do a flush and fill with the engine running while shifting gears every few seconds. This will use up a lot of fluid.

BTW, if you have a AT filter, change it at the same time with the ATF and don't forget to buy a new transmission gasket.
    Last edited by userfriendly; July 10th, 2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: spelling

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Just remember that when you drain your ATF, some fluid will still be left inside the torque converter. This is normal and I won't worry about it unless your ATF is badly burnt. I think the only way to get it out is to do a flush and fill with the engine running while shifting gears every few seconds. This will use up a lot of fluid.

BTW, of you have a AT filter, change it at the same time with the ATF and don't forget to buy a new transmission gasket.
    Not sure kung may AT filter ang civic 97...sa nababasa ko parang wala. Just to make sure na malinis lahat ipapa-flush ko na lang para sigurado. sana di masyado maraming gamiting na ATF para mura lng...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
automatic transmission