New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kung marami na nakadikit sa filter or drain (which is normally magnetic) this means may sumasayad and nagdudumi na sa loob. metal flakes are definitely a bad sign for any tranny.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    sabi ko nga cheaper pag ibaba tranny, mahal ng atf hehehe. sabagay pwede mo i-filter yung atf na pang-flush, then fill na lang with new atf pag ok na.

gud luck na lang, sana walang sira maliban sa bara.

sir yebo,

feed back ko nalang later kung ano talaga sira.thanks...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    kung marami na nakadikit sa filter or drain (which is normally magnetic) this means may sumasayad and nagdudumi na sa loob. metal flakes are definitely a bad sign for any tranny.

speedy,

wala naman metal flakes akong nakita,parang putik na color gray ang dumidikit sa magnetic filter sa pan.Di kaya clutch lining material or brake bond material ang dumikit?metalic type ba ang clutch lining material na ginagamit sa automatic?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    patignan mo kaya dun kay joseph sa multinational. Bka matulungan ka sa pag diagnose.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rheas
    patignan mo kaya dun kay joseph sa multinational. Bka matulungan ka sa pag diagnose.

rheas, nasa la union pa yung car,iniwan namin.tatawagan ko pa un friend ko kung ano plano nya sa car nya.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    problem solved!!!!!!

sir yebo/Bbimmer,

after a month of kalikot ng tranny and info from inernet ok na ang auto tranny ng friend ko.here's the story...

binalikan namin ang car ng friend ko sa la union,nag decide kami na dun nalang namin trouble shoot kasi auto trannies will have a bad effect when towed especially all wheel drive units.binaba namin ang transmission with the help of some firiends(beer lang ang katapat.hehehe)disassembled then inspected parts for wear and tear.hard parts are still good and no signs of wear I mean ung mga sun gear,planetary gears sets.But the bands and clutches were all burnt out.thats why we noticed before fluid was black in color.Got complete rebuilding kit brought in manila sa el dorado pasay with exact dimensions and materials cost around 17K pesos.All O rings and seals were renewed.

we start reassembling carefully one at a time kasi first time namin at wala pang idea but we have workshop manual for the type of trany.Daming O rings and seals with different sizes and shapes.

after 6 days of discussion & headache, nabuo narin.mounted it back to the engine with the help again ng mga tanbay dun,(onother case of beer hahaha!).Filter and atf were renewed.

pagkatapos ng assembly,eto na nagkapustahan na mga barkada kung gagana o hindi.

First we follow the manual's procedure to refill with exact amount of atf then to start the engine and iddle it for 10 min at park pos.Then we shifted the lever to all the gears range manualy while stepping the brakes to circulate the fluid to all pistons and servos.We did it several times.

After that we test drive the unit for 1 hour and everithing is fine.All gears are working with smooth shifting and without jerking.Maganda ang kapit walang slipping,parang naka manual transmission ang arangkada.

After all were set up including adjustments,umuwi kami manila but when we reached bulacan,I feel like the tranny starts to slip again.We pulled over in gas station then we desided to drop again the fluid pan for inspection.We found again discoloration of fluid.I remenber what the manual said,to change again filter after 1K mile driving after overhaul because new fluid contains detergents that cleans and suspends dirt in trany system.

bumili uli kmi filter sa pasay at pinalitan narin namin pati atf.After all worries,we went home late but without trouble anymore.

the following day test drive uli namin ang unit 5 hours without stopping sa cavite,laguna,batangas at balik ng manila.We drop again the filter and checked the fluid.Ok na ang result pure transparent color at malinis na.

Conclusions:
    1. Filter plays a vital role in A/T.Most of the A/T filter now is felt cloth type and these materials are disposable and cannot be cleaned 100% with solutions.If the filter is clogged,it may starv the oil pump and can loose pressure to the valave body which actuates bands and clutches inside.
    Once the pressure drops,the bands and clutches slips and lead to fluid over heating.Atf properties would be affected if the operating temp exceeds 90'C.
    That time clutches and bands will deteriorate and leads to A/T failure sooner.

2. If ATF has not been change for more than 40K or 1 year,Materials from clutches,sliding plates,drum,brake band will stick inside the A/T frame and pan.When you renew the ATF,the tendecy is all dirt inside will surely go to the filter because New fluid has detergent base that suspend and cleans the internal parts of the transmission.The manual recommends that you should renew filter after flushing the trany then again renew filter after 3K mile of service.

3. Bands need to be adjusted also to ensure proper drum grip,some designs/models doesn't have adjaustments.

Remark: My friend's ride--main problem is Clogged Filter.

My advice to all tsikoter is to renew ATF & filter every 12 month or less to avoid such A/t prob.Especially trany which is 5 year old and above....

thank you sir yebo & sir Bbimmer

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    A/T trany problem solved

Sir yebo/Bbmmer please check my post in my previuos thread....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    good to hear that, tiyaga nyo magayos hehe

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the tip and sharing your solutions...

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naka ilan case ka ng beer? :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
auto tranny problem help... solved!