New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just replaced the ATF in my Altis a few days ago and yesterday I found the need to add up a little since it reads on the min level in Hot mark. I added 3/4 liter (ATF now totals 2.75Liters). FYI manual says its capacity is 2.9Liters if I do the drain and fill method.

I checked again this morning after driving to the office and the level is 2cm above the full mark in the Hot section.

Is this bad or is this okay (might be becoming too OC on the measurement)? I mean when you say do not overfill, I am assuming that overfilling is way above the full mark right? Now the reading is slightly above the full marking.

I'm also confused since the manual says its capacity is 2.9Liters when the usual drain and fill method is followed. I put in around 2.75L. Ang alam ko nga sa casa they do not follow the dip stick reading anymore. They just drain and fill in 3 liters eh....

Hope someone can enlighten me.
    Last edited by Djerms; September 8th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I check my atf fluid when the car engine in its idlle . If it exceed a little bit i think not much a problem than too much overfill. If you want get exact drain excess atf fluid.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Yup same here bro. I checked it during idle after engaging all the gears from P to P.

Hope the slight overfilling is not that bad. I really find this ATF changing too complicated.....

Adding ATF