New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

hi guys. i just bought a Great Wall Coolbear a/t. the unit has not been delivered yet.

when i was deciding which car to get, i went to the Great Wall showroom in north edsa. and immediately fell in love with the Coolbear. at the showroom only a unit with manual transmission was in display.

i reserved right away for an a/t unit.

my unit was supposedly to arrive last week but unfortunately, only units in silver came (i ordered a cosmic blue).

unit pala has a 6 speed cvt with manual mode.

madali ba gamitin ito? how does it differ from a unit na ordinary a/t lang?

your comments will be greatly appreciated. not good in cars only in driving.

by the way, here is the picture of the Coolbear a/t transmission:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It works just like our typical A/T except...

when accelerating, when you put your foot on the gas pedal, the engine will find a certain RPM then the vehicle speeds up while the RPM stays the same. Kinda weird at first but you get used to it.

when in six speed mode, the tranny will give you six "virtual" gears. Just push-or-pull the gear selector to select gear up or down. Generally this will not give more any more performance as in "D" but it does give you some control of the gear you want to stay in. Handy if you are needing to use engine braking or similar.

oh thanks a lot!

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Great Wall? ito po ba yung gumagawa ng mga pirated/copy cars like scion xb, isuzu pick up, etc?

don, ewan ko kung yun nga ang sinasabi mo.

basta i bought the coolbear because i like it....the ride, the interiors, the features and the price.

di ko na inaalam yung mga pinagsasabi ng mga naiinggit at naninirang ibang tao.

6 speed cvt with manual mode