The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we speak native language at home and then taught with english in school

not surprising, really!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    for me, it sucks to know that some schools are teaching "mandarin" to their students. para que? bobo na nga sa english at mind you pati filipino yung ibang mga bata, lalagyan pa ng ibang language ang curriculum nila? the japanese, koreans, taiwanese and chinese are non-english speaking but progressive countries.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DZ621 View Post
    Ok, I'm from Australia and I stumbled across this forum inadvertently. As I was reading the posts, I noticed that alot of people type one sentence in English, and another sentence in... some other language (I'm guessing Philipino ? (not sure of spelling, sorry)?

To me this seems very unusual. Why would you write a few words in English, then a few words in a different language, and then go back to English again? Wouldn't it make more sense to be consistent and stick with just 1 language?
    G'day, mate (or is it "G'die, might?" - coz I swear that's how I hear it when I visit Oz)

Aside from what others have already pointed out, you should also watch some Bollywood movies. The actors speak in a mixture of Hindi and English. My Indian friends say it's called "Hinglish." Many of them were so amused to find out that Filipinos have the same peculiarity as them when it comes to being bilingual.

Btw, in America, the Hispanics have "Spanglish."

In any case, you should come and visit. You'll be glad to know that Filipinos and Aussies also share the same kind of irreverent humor, love for beer and yes, some of us also surf. Google "Siargao" and "La Union" and find out more about the country's top surfing destinations. Who knows, you might find a few fellow blokes over there.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Because Taglish is the most effective way to communicate in our country....

13.9K:mop:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wow you guys explained yourselves too well.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta View Post
    Wow you guys explained yourselves too well.
    hi tsinits....welcome back!
    what's news?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    OT: :D hello! Nice to be back.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DZ621 View Post
    But that's not the way the world works. When you read a book, it's in one single language, not a mixture of languages. The same applies to newspapers, and audio/visual media as well (movies, music, radio etc). All of these are in separate languages. You don't see a movie with one line of dialogue in one language, and then the next in another (well, maybe movies over there are like that, but I've never seen one).
    Whip out that passport, because it sounds like you need to see more of the world, and fast.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    hi tsinits....welcome back!
    what's news?
    Hehe, bigla tuloy nabuyoy dahil kay m8! j/k
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Hehe, bigla tuloy nabuyoy dahil kay m8! j/k
    eh.... si mate ingles lang kasi naintindihan eh.
    kaya in-ingles ko na rin yung "ano balita?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Why do you people write in English and ... ??