New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kumusta mga tsikoteers?

May officemate akong Lebanese at minsan nakipag argumento ako sa kanya. Sabi nya kasi bakit daw ang pinoy mahilig magiba ng itsura ng ride. Bakit di nalang makuntento sa stock appearance.

Syempre pinagtanggol ko lahi naten. Kahit na may point sya sa ibang mga sinabe, nagbulagbulagan ako at pilit kong itaas ang bandila naten hangang sa wala na syang mabanggit pa. But still gusto ko pa tlgang i-defend na ok lang ung ginagawa naten.

Anyway, madami kaming napagtalunan but my line of reasoning was entirely based on the premise of two main points. These are:
    1. Tayong mga pinoy ay may mayamang kultura. We have a very lively and animated culture as witnessed, for instance, sa ating mga fiesta celebrations. As exuberant as we are, syempre nadadala din natin yan sa ibang bagay. Yung way of thinking naten masasalamin halimbawa sa pananaw na gusto nating pagandahin ang nakikita naten. But of course, with a sense of limitation. There's a fine line between looking good and being superfluous or excessive to the point that it gets kitschy or cheap.

2. It is inherent to us Filipinos of being creative and artistic. Mataas ang antas ng ating kakayahang magisip. Hindi tau nakukuntento sa simpleng bagay na alam nateng may kaya pa taung gawin.

Though naging subjective na ako, still gusto ko parin patunayan na mas magagaling tayong mga pinoy. Kaya nga our skills and intelligence are sought after from ploretarian jobs to white-collar ones. GALENG TAU E!
    hehe.

Ano pb pwede nyong idagdag?
    Last edited by MACpod; April 29th, 2007 at 04:36 AM. Reason: typo errors

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    mas maluho din tayo mga pinoy compare sa ibang lahi ..

may mga ibang kapwa pinoy na kahit hindi kailangan or bagay sa ride nia

ilalagay pa din ang parts na iyon .kahit never naman nia magagamit

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    mas maluho din tayo mga pinoy compare sa ibang lahi ..

may mga ibang kapwa pinoy na kahit hindi kailangan or bagay sa ride nia

ilalagay pa din ang parts na iyon .kahit never naman nia magagamit
    This is not applicable to me. Kung hindi lang kailangan at masasabing luho, hindi ko na pinapalitan ang stock o kaya magdagdag ng accessories.

Pero ang totoo, wala akong pambili, eh.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I don't think you need to defend our inclination to customize our cars. Other cultures do it as well (e.g. Americans, Mexicans, etc.) It is simply part of our characteristics - a trait that defines us. It is similar to asking us why some of us speak Chavacano, a localized adaption of Spanish. Why not just use Spanish?

You can ask him instead why his countrymen has to add cardamom to their coffee. Why "customize" the coffee? Or why do they use yogurt sauce on their kibbeh? Why not eat the kibbeh as the chef has cooked it?

Bottom line, people like things differently and will always have the tendency to assert their individuality, etiher through personality, or by extension, through their cars or cuisine or just about anything else. The indigenous factors of course ensure a commonality among the individualistic manifestations, thereby characterizing the culture. There is no right or wrong in such cases - so there is no need to defend it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post
    Kumusta mga tsikoteers?

May officemate akong Lebanese at minsan nakipag argumento ako sa kanya. Sabi nya kasi bakit daw ang pinoy mahilig magiba ng itsura ng ride. Bakit di nalang makuntento sa stock appearance.
    tell him/her to fuuck off and mind his own business

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^ +1.

Kanya kanyang trip lang iyan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    tell him/her to fuuck off and mind his own business
    Why do down to his level at all? After all, you don't solve ignorance with anger but with understanding and education.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If the Philippines has a homegrown auto industry, I'd buy a Philippine-made car. But, the sad reality is there isn't one. So, I just have to suck it up and take it.

But if it's any comfort, this is the extent of my customization on our two family cars: Pinoy flags

The Sonata's bone stock for now:
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 29th, 2007 at 01:01 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What's his ride anyway? And how can he find the means to question someone's nationality/heritage? Anyone who has to question the heritage or culture of a nationality has some really insecure problems.....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 29th, 2007 at 01:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Tell your friend to broaden his horizons. Surely he hasn't seen much. Americans, Mexicans, Japanese, Europeans, etc have all done it.

It's the human desire to be unique.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
miss ko na pinas!