New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi Sirs,
    Anybody familiar with the process and requirements on how to get an international driver's license?
    TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Just go to AAP with your local license, sa san juan yata yun. Check online nalang

Sent from my Alcatel_7049D using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    For Europe, check this, usually applies world wide

http://www.usareurpracticetest.com/g...nts/manual.pdf

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    Hi Sirs,
    Anybody familiar with the process and requirements on how to get an international driver's license?
    TIA

When I went to the US early this year, they allowed me to use my Philippine Driver's License for the first 3 mos of stay. I confirmed this with a relative working there. We had several road trips with a rental car and those rental car companies honored my local license without any problems. After 3 months, you really need to get an international driver's license. I hope this helps

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks Sirs for all your suggestions. These are all big help.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi Sirs,
    TIA

If you need to drive in another country, check first their policy on tourist drivers. In the US, each state has its own way. Most US states allow you to use your country's driver's license for a duration of 3 months. Some states allow longer than 3 months as long as you don't intend to become a resident of that state.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    When I went to the US early this year, they allowed me to use my Philippine Driver's License for the first 3 mos of stay. I confirmed this with a relative working there. We had several road trips with a rental car and those rental car companies honored my local license without any problems. After 3 months, you really need to get an international driver's license. I hope this helps
    Depends on the states

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi Sirs,
    TIA

Just go to any AAP offices and fill up their form and present your valid PH license (at least the validity should be more than 1 year) plus 2 pcs passport size picture with white background. AAP will also advise you if you able to drive on your country of destination using the International Driver's Permit. You can get your IDP the following day. I forgot the exact amount the last time I paid but it is around 3k++.

Getting the IDP at AAP will also make you a member of the club. HTH.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saan ka ba pupunta? Maybe you dont that international license. Sayang lang pera.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Double post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast