New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Saan ka ba pupunta? Maybe you dont that international license. Sayang lang pera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Germany & nearby Schengen states

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    Germany & nearby Schengen states

I was in Germany for a month, I went on a roadtrip and visited my aunt in Naples Italy. During the trip we also drove by Switzerland an stayed there for 3 days. I actually got caught by a traffic officer in Rome, I turned right on a corner and didn't notice that there was a sign that says no right turn on red light. When he stopped me, I just show my drivers license (PH) and the Car's insurance and they just gave me a verbal warning.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotonista View Post
    I was in Germany for a month, I went on a roadtrip and visited my aunt in Naples Italy. During the trip we also drove by Switzerland an stayed there for 3 days. I actually got caught by a traffic officer in Rome, I turned right on a corner and didn't notice that there was a sign that says no right turn on red light. When he stopped me, I just show my drivers license (PH) and the Car's insurance and they just gave me a verbal warning.
    This is great info Sir. How recent was your trip? We'll probably be taking the same route, more or less.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    The 1949 convention on international road traffic says it all, just a waste of money and time in securing IDP or even an AAP permit, that is if you're just on a tour or visit.🤘🏼

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotonista View Post
    Sir *Fotonista,
    Did you rent the car you used in your trip? Any tips on where to get the best deal?
    Thanks

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    Hi Sirs,
    Anybody familiar with the process and requirements on how to get an international driver's license?
    TIA

For sojourn you dont need international drivers license, locally issued drivers license will do

If you frequent several countries in a year and intend tonstay there for a considerable period of more than 3 months then international license is a viable option

If you intend to be a resident of another country permanently then you ought to get a drivers license in the new place you intend to settle in

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; February 7th, 2017 at 10:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12