New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your opinion on the traffic condition in the metro in the past six months...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • traffic conditions has improved

3 21.43%
  • traffic conditions has not changed

5 35.71%
  • traffic conditions has gotten worst

6 42.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    imo .. traffic per se have eased up with the introduction of new roads .. but traffic management has grown worse compounded by the facts that drivers are worse as well ..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Traffic has improved significantly in Metro Manila, except in Makati where things have become noticeably worse in the past two months

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It's gotten WORSE.

It's more of a timing issue, in my opinion. Lately, infrastructure projects have popped up in different places (Skyway completion, MRT3 extension, C5 elevated U-turn, EDSA Cubao underpass repair) at roughly the same time, so the commute from, say, Bicutan to Banawe has gotten longer. It's quite obvious that the agencies behind these projects timed their construction around the summer student break.

I'm seeing improvements though. Since the C5 elevated U-turn junction was completed, driving from Mandaluyong to Makati has gotten much easier. When/If the infrastructure and roadworks projects finish all around, I'm positive more improvements will become evident.

Can't say the same for the Skyway completion though. That seems to be taking FOREVER.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    On some places its gotten better, in other it has gotten worse, pero in general its the same I would say...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *#%$*^!!!!! Citra Skyway

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *#%$*^!!!!! Citra Skyway

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    *#%$*^!!!!! Citra Skyway
    My sentiments exactly. Three hours crawling on the Skyway is NOT what we should be expecting. That's what happened to me tonight.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    it has ever improved. a lot of traffic schemes have been applied so as to ease congestion but the same traffic situation that we were in before are still being experience right now. i believe that no amount of traffic plan will solve this perennial problem.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    it has ever improved. a lot of traffic schemes have been applied so as to ease congestion but the same traffic situation that we were in before are still being experience right now. i believe that no amount of traffic plan will solve this perennial problem.
    The answer to this is the political will of the LTO, traffic will be lessened if they stop registering dilapidated and those who failed the emission test, from these alone I think traffic will be greatly reduced, no need for the traffic schemes and experiments.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sana mag improve.

Palagay ko magkakaruon ng improvement ang mga kalsada. Malapit na naman election.

Pero lately parang langgam na dumami ang mga pasaway na nag momotorsiklo sa highway!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Your opinion on the traffic condition in the metro...