New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your opinion on the traffic condition in the metro in the past six months...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • traffic conditions has improved

3 21.43%
  • traffic conditions has not changed

5 35.71%
  • traffic conditions has gotten worst

6 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In your opinion, has the traffic condition improved or gotten worst within the last six months as compared to before that period?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In your opinion, has the traffic condition improved or gotten worst within the last six months as compared to before that period?

Improved a little bit. Way back in 1999, when I was still in Sta.Mesa, trraffic flow from Boni to Makati takes 30 minutes, but around 2004, 10-15 minutes na lang.

Pero dito sa Alabang-Zapote, sinumpa na ata talaga ang traffic flow dito.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    For me its, still the same in some extent got a little worse.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    gettin worst. yeah.

dito sa regalado fairview. 2 minutes lang sakin ang route ko. one time naging 1 and 1/2 hour.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

china to ah

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    for me, parang ganun pa rin, though 2 years palang ako nakakagala sa metro roads dahil recently lang naman ako nagkaroon ng sasakyan. salamat nalang sa mga shortcuts at kahit paano, nakakaiwas ako sa traffic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    china to ah
    Actually it's Taiwan from years ago.

Today, traffic in taiwan (or at least in taipei) has greatly improved with better roads and traffic management. Can you imagine streets like Ayala and Buendia as one-way roads? I've seen it in Taiwan and it does improve traffic flow so much that rush hour is that, just an hour and you can actually see the rush.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, it got worse as vehicle volumes have gone up. before i hardly experienced traffic in the summer and now its just really the same as when school is in Before when i leave at 6am for work i was practically the only guy on the road and now its not the same either.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    when Bayani Fernando got installed as MMDA czar, it has improved by a big deal margin.

Before, going to school from my house, takes about 1:30hrs (Northern EDSA qc to up diliman), now it takes about 15mins by drive and less than 40mins by public transpo .

before, I dread driving all the way to Makati (3hrs+), now it takes less than 40mins with moderate traffic.

True, vehicle volume has obviously increased but so are the number of idiot drivers.

LTO should make qualifying exams every License renewal to make sure people who got through fixers will not get through another lenght driving again. There are a lot of people who shouldn't be allowed to drive. Some are mentally challenged (emotionally unstable, anger issues) which leads to accidents. Some are just plain dumb (overtaking on shoulders and bends!). If only we're so strict in implementing rules, it would not be so hard.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    LTO should make qualifying exams every License renewal to make sure people who got through fixers will not get through another lenght driving again. There are a lot of people who shouldn't be allowed to drive. Some are mentally challenged (emotionally unstable, anger issues) which leads to accidents. Some are just plain dumb (overtaking on shoulders and bends!). If only we're so strict in implementing rules, it would not be so hard.
    OT:

If Lto would implement this, then expect long hours and lines in all Lto office, this would then encourage the people to hire the services of the fixers just to shorten their time waiting. Just my opinion though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Your opinion on the traffic condition in the metro...