New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I just bumped into a TV episode where the complainant (Suzuki swift) was demanding the truck who rear ended him awfully huge amount based from Casa estimate for the repair.

My question is, who dictates where to repair the damages? Does the truck driver/owner has the right to have the car repaired else where instead of Casa? Does the car's age matter?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    I just bumped into a TV episode where the complainant (Suzuki swift) was demanding the truck who rear ended him awfully huge amount based from Casa estimate for the repair.

My question is, who dictates where to repair the damages? Does the truck driver/owner has the right to have the car repaired else where instead of Casa? Does the car's age matter?
    May insurance naman siguro si Swift owner for his ride,- and so,- bahala na si insurance....

OT: Kapitbahay namin,- naka Pajero (current model),- nabundol ng kotse na minamaneho ng mga Manang sa aming village,- (dahil parating nakaparada sa kalye si Pajero at ang iba pa niyang sasakyan - buti nga sa kanya!!!)... Tapos ba naman, sinisingil sina Manang ng malaki dahil wala raw insurance ang Pajero nila at sa casa ipapagawa...

T*ngna naman,- ang yabang mong mag-Pajero,- at ayaw mong magpa-insurance,- tapos, sisingilin mo pa ito sa mga SCs na kapitbahay natin? Ang kapal mo naman....

Mayroon pang ibang high-end na sasakyan ang lecheng ito,- malamang wala ring insurance....

I know that insurance is a choice,- pero kapal mo namang sa casa pa ipapagawa at maningil ng malaki sa mga wala ng trabaho ng mga Manang na SC??? Come on....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    I don't think car age is a big matter. Because you can't run a fitness less car on the road. However, for repairing a car you should take it into a nearest garage. If you have an insurance for it then much better.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

May insurance naman siguro si Swift owner for his ride,- and so,- bahala na si insurance....

OT: Kapitbahay namin,- naka Pajero (current model),- nabundol ng kotse na minamaneho ng mga Manang sa aming village,- (dahil parating nakaparada sa kalye si Pajero at ang iba pa niyang sasakyan - buti nga sa kanya!!!)... Tapos ba naman, sinisingil sina Manang ng malaki dahil wala raw insurance ang Pajero nila at sa casa ipapagawa...

T*ngna naman,- ang yabang mong mag-Pajero,- at ayaw mong magpa-insurance,- tapos, sisingilin mo pa ito sa mga SCs na kapitbahay natin? Ang kapal mo naman....

Mayroon pang ibang high-end na sasakyan ang lecheng ito,- malamang wala ring insurance....

I know that insurance is a choice,- pero kapal mo namang sa casa pa ipapagawa at maningil ng malaki sa mga wala ng trabaho ng mga Manang na SC??? Come on....
    No Parking ba sa village streets ninyo? If yes, baka may laban pa si Manang.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Companies (trucking/buses/taxi fleets) will insist na dalhin yung nabanggang car sa "talyer" nila for repairs...

Kaya lang, for sure puro masilya yung car mo after the repair... Tapos yung paint, 6 months lang kupas na.

"Companies" will have time... kaya halos ipitin ka nila hanggang ikaw na lang magpagawa on your own.

IMO, yung nabangga ang dapat mag decide kung saan gagawin car nya, sya yung na-istorbo.

Pero kung di agree yung nakabangga... Nauuwi sa demandahan.

Based on experience, kung ikaw yung binangga and pinagawa mo yung car mo, halos wala ka ng habol - normally the case (sa tagal ng kaso...)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017

If I am the Swift owner I will dictate where to have the repairs.

If I have insurance, I will dictate on my insurer... Not on the truck owner. I will not waste time, money, nor energy talking with the second party. I will only secure a police report and that's it. I will not even care about the statement of the truck driver... BECAUSE I HAVE INSURANCE... That's why I buy insurance, for peace of mind. My insurance company will obey my bidding, as I paid them to do so.

If the Swift owner doesn't have an insurance, then he hit the Jackpot! Good luck chasing the truck owner. The Swift owner may take another risk (as he is a sure risk taker when he opted to not buy insurance), have his car repaired in a Casa, pay for it, chase the truck company to pay him back... Alll the way to the courts. Good luck.

Buy Insurance.
    Last edited by SidCoronel; October 14th, 2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Typo errors

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Life is like this, my young padawan... Some rich people are rich because they took money from poor people.

Vote for this guy next election.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

insurance companies usually have a list of their "authorized repair facilities", from among which the bumped, may choose.
    inquire from the insurance company, for details.
    after all, they are the ones going to pay for it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Puro casa na pagawa Now ng Insurance. Who dictates? You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Yun nakabangga dapat mag shoulder ng participation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast