New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    This incident happend yesterday.

Valero carpark's policy is ala valet parking because you need to leave your key with them in order to move and rearrange the cars should there will be more vehicles that will occupy the parking area. This is fair enough for a whole day's parking fee of P90 given this is Makati, but doesn't really leave you with a peace of mind.

Around 6:00PM when we left office, we proceed to the carpark to get our cars and head home. I asked for my key and paid the usual P90. But to my friend, it was a different story. At first, I thought that the carpark boys were just fooling around with my guy friend coz he owns a bnew metal green chevy spark, but alas the dreaded truth came. One of the carpark boys admitted that he left my friend's key in a seat inside a mazda he moved after driving my friend's spark.

They were many of them (carpark boys) and at first they seemed like taking advantage of my friend and they just said "balikan na lang bukas sir, hindi naman mawawala yun" without batting an eyelash. What the heck! They even asked for an overnight parking fee for my friend's car even though it's their fault in the first place the car will be left overnight.

I intervened and demanded for the name and contact number of their boss/manager/point person. That's the time they felt panic. I even told them to call MAPSA just to sort things out, and I threatened to report this to Imbestigador and have the carpark closed.

"sige kayo, mawawalan lahat kayo ng trabaho kapag hindi nyo inayos to", I said.

My friend just asked for a written agreement that Valero Carpark will replace his whole alarm, pay his fare up to Malabon, and get the contact details of the unknowing owner of the Mazda to where the key is left. He even indicated that he won't pay the parking fee up to the next day (he was coding today).

What other actions can you suggest guys? So that my friend will have a peace of mind, coz now even if we don't view it this way, his Bnew Spark is more close to being carnapped than anyone's car.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    This incident happend yesterday.

Valero carpark's policy is ala valet parking because you need to leave your key with them in order to move and rearrange the cars should there will be more vehicles that will occupy the parking area. This is fair enough for a whole day's parking fee of P90 given this is Makati, but doesn't really leave you with a peace of mind.

Around 6:00PM when we left office, we proceed to the carpark to get our cars and head home. I asked for my key and paid the usual P90. But to my friend, it was a different story. At first, I thought that the carpark boys were just fooling around with my guy friend coz he owns a bnew metal green chevy spark, but alas the dreaded truth came. One of the carpark boys admitted that he left my friend's key in a seat inside a mazda he moved after driving my friend's spark.

They were many of them (carpark boys) and at first they seemed like taking advantage of my friend and they just said "balikan na lang bukas sir, hindi naman mawawala yun" without batting an eyelash. What the heck! They even asked for an overnight parking fee for my friend's car even though it's their fault in the first place the car will be left overnight.

I intervened and demanded for the name and contact number of their boss/manager/point person. That's the time they felt panic. I even told them to call MAPSA just to sort things out, and I threatened to report this to Imbestigador and have the carpark closed.

"sige kayo, mawawalan lahat kayo ng trabaho kapag hindi nyo inayos to", I said.

My friend just asked for a written agreement that Valero Carpark will replace his whole alarm, pay his fare up to Malabon, and get the contact details of the unknowing owner of the Mazda to where the key is left. He even indicated that he won't pay the parking fee up to the next day (he was coding today).

What other actions can you suggest guys? So that my friend will have a peace of mind, coz now even if we don't view it this way, his Bnew Spark is more close to being carnapped than anyone's car.

hindi lang dapat alarm. dapat pati susian palitan na. reason is for your friend's safety. kasi baka na-duplicate na yung susi niya.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I see. I will let my friend know.
    As per my bro-in-law's advice kasi, car keys nowadays aren't that easy to duplicate especially when he will have it back the next morning. But know knows right?

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    UPDATE:

We went to Valero Carpark after lunch to see if my friend's key is already there, but to no avail.
    Carpark boy 1 said that the mazda was on number coding, thus isn't park there today.
    My friend told the boys that to settle the arguement, he will just bring his Spark to the casa to have his alarm and entire keylock replaced, at the carpark's expense of course. But they readily disagreed. They keep on saying that "ibabalik naman yun sir eh, wag kayong mag alala". But my friend is tired of their ****. They really don't wanna tell us the name of their boss or the owner and his number. He threatened the carpark boys that he will file a police report about this, and to my surprise, they agreed.

Mayayabang talaga as in! I almost lost my composure but thought better of it.
    I'll update you guys soon.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    UPDATE:

We went to Valero Carpark after lunch to see if my friend's key is already there, but to no avail.
    Carpark boy 1 said that the mazda was on number coding, thus isn't park there today.
    My friend told the boys that to settle the arguement, he will just bring his Spark to the casa to have his alarm and entire keylock replaced, at the carpark's expense of course. But they readily disagreed. They keep on saying that "ibabalik naman yun sir eh, wag kayong mag alala". But my friend is tired of their ****. They really don't wanna tell us the name of their boss or the owner and his number. He threatened the carpark boys that he will file a police report about this, and to my surprise, they agreed.

Mayayabang talaga as in! I almost lost my composure but thought better of it.
    I'll update you guys soon.
    sir, wala bang company name and phone number yung carpark ticket? or any signboard? probably you can ask around din. people might know the owner. worst case, file a barangay complaint muna. then see what the barangay will say. much better do everything today. para they can not deny anything. take photos narin of the car and possible the carpark boys. video kung pwede. para walang atrasan na hehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    btw, mas maganda everything is documented.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Yes it's better na ipa blotter mo na sir sa barangay para nga kung anu man ang mangyari sa susunod meron ka ng document against them and it's their responsibilty to take care of every vehicle na magpark sa parking lot nila.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wag kayo papayag na ibalik lang yung susi.. eh kung na copy na yan.. dapat yan idemanda nyo.. hindi makukuha sa paki usapan yan.. matitigas ang mukha nyang mga yan..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dapat sa goon squad ito. Such irresponsible bunch of a**holes!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Is this the Valero Multi-level Covered Carpark? (in front or Army-Navy Burgers)

Or the "open-space" carparks?

Why I ask .. The Valero Covered Carpark has an admin office where one can file complaints. The others .. its caveat emptor!

Your friend should be very careful in leaving the keys to his car to some unknown person, and a brand new car at that too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Valero Carpark boy left my friend's car key in another's vehicle.