New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    suppose in the near future the Ubers are running on self-driving cars. would you give up your personal car for the convenience and lower cost of TaaS?

just think about it. no need to buy a car and insurance. no need to deal w/ parking. no need to drive! (and deal w/ idiot drivers, road rage, etc). don't have to deal w/ car maintenance, fender-benders, accidents, etc.

this would free up TONS of space that's currently being used as parking would lessen cars. improve traffic. reduce pollution

i think i like the idea, but might still own an electric dirtbike or something

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have experienced having to go somewhere, and no vehicle available. no uber, no grab, no taxi, no for-hire-car available!
    and this is not an uncommon experience.
    if i can be guaranteed transport vehicle at my beck and call, at all times and any time, with minimal waiting time, fine. i'd gladly sell my car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    just think about it. no need to buy a car and insurance. no need to deal w/ parking. no need to drive! (and deal w/ idiot drivers....
    Vodka,

Im an Uber driver and my I.Q. is 137, what's yours?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the bottomline is if there reliable and safe access to mass transport or services, people will use their cars less or even give them up entirely. In the past, a lot of my officemates would take the MRT then when services deteriorated, that's where i saw people start buying their own cars or more cars.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    there are people who believe in a Jetsons / Star Trek utopian future

there are people who believe in a Mad Max / Fahrenheit 451 dystopian future

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    self driving uber? uber just making money with LTFRB in charge? not gonna happen in pinas 😅

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Vodka,

Im an Uber driver and my I.Q. is 137, what's yours?
    I think he was referring to having to deal with other idiot drivers on the road...

Jeepney driver, trike driver, bus driver, other 'tards on the road in general...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I think the bottomline is if there reliable and safe access to mass transport or services, people will use their cars less or even give them up entirely. In the past, a lot of my officemates would take the MRT then when services deteriorated, that's where i saw people start buying their own cars or more cars.
    THIS.

It's basically what's already happening in Singapore. Efficient public transport system has relegated car ownership to a luxury rather than a need.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Nope. I could probably take public transportation to and from work but I would still keep my car. I go home to Laguna regularly and it's hard to commute long distance.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes. Downsize. I'll only keep.one vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transport-as-a-Service versus personal ownership of cars