New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    THIS.

It's basically what's already happening in Singapore. Efficient public transport system has relegated car ownership to a luxury rather than a need.
    The government is pushing for less privately owned cars, but in reality, those who do not have cars cannot afford it. No other reason.

COE (the right to use your car for 10 years) is crazy expensive, cars are heavily taxed, there's ERP (toll) everywhere and they just required Euro-6 cars (means cars like the Vios and the Mobilio are out!)

***back to the thread...

Yes, I will still own a car even if public transport becomes super efficient.

It's going to point A to point B freely in your own terms.

I might not use it everyday, but the car is just there...

I've mentioned (a lot of times)earlier that I used to take the MRT when it was new and fare was more than Php40... It was fast and clean, I left my car at SM North (parking was free beside Super Sale)... Then they (I can't remember if it was Erap or GMA) decided to reduce the fare, and I was back to driving my own car to Makati.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good idea yan TaaS ... sure I would use it

But i'm not selling my car! I like driving and have full control of my travel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

I've mentioned (a lot of times)earlier that I used to take the MRT when it was new and fare was more than Php40... It was fast and clean, I left my car at SM North (parking was free beside Super Sale)... Then they (I can't remember if it was Erap or GMA) decided to reduce the fare, and I was back to driving my own car to Makati.
    It was really a dumb, populist move to reduce the MRT fare, if you ask me. My take: the fare should be commensurate to what it costs to maintain the darn thing and let those who want to pay less take the bus.

Basically, with mass transport easily accessible and reliable I'd use this for my day to day commute and relegate the car to weekend use or when i have other things to do.
    Last edited by vinj; September 26th, 2017 at 01:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^ganyan sa thailand. Mahal yung mrt. Those who cant afford, can take the public non-ac bus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    THIS.

It's basically what's already happening in Singapore. Efficient public transport system has relegated car ownership to a luxury rather than a need.

Para maging successful ito,- dapat ang mga Pilipino ay willing na maglakad ng malayo [isang kilometro or so] para puntahan ang mga istasyon ng train o bus....

Marami rin kasing nasanay na at ang gusto nga ay bababa na lang sa mismong tapat ng bahay o opisina nila....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Para maging successful ito,- dapat ang mga Pilipino ay willing na maglakad ng malayo [isang kilometro or so] para puntahan ang mga istasyon ng train o bus....

Marami rin kasing nasanay na at ang gusto nga ay bababa na lang sa mismong tapat ng bahay o opisina nila....
    i'm willing to walk!
    but i want to task the government, into making that walk as painless as can be.
    ang nangyari kasi, ay ginawang roadway, garage, and place of commerce ang sidewalks. kaya naman, kahit gustong maglakad, ay... saan tayo tatapak!
    case in point. taft avenue. i am sure, maraming maglalakad ng haba niyan, if only the sidewalks were walk-able enough. the same with mabini and harrison.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It was really a dumb, populist move to reduce the MRT fare, if you ask me. My take: the fare should be commensurate to what it costs to maintain the darn thing and let those who want to pay less take the bus.

Basically, with mass transport easily accessible and reliable I'd use this for my day to day commute and relegate the car to weekend use or when i have other things to do.
    Dati ko pa sinasabi, if you want to play, you got to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm willing to walk!
    but i want to task the government, into making that walk as painless as can be.
    ang nangyari kasi, ay ginawang roadway, garage, and place of commerce ang sidewalks. kaya naman, kahit gustong maglakad, ay... saan tayo tatapak!
    case in point. taft avenue. i am sure, maraming maglalakad ng haba niyan, if only the sidewalks were walk-able enough. the same with mabini and harrison.
    Naabutan ko pa nung pwede mag paralllel park along Taft Avenue. Definitely a test of parking skills. Now I forgot how to parallel na.

It's hard not to have a car. Paano mga seniors like my 90 yr old Lola. Di na pwede long walks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hmmm, even if you are just a passenger, you still have to deal with reckless, inconsiderate and ill-mannered drivers on the road.

Mas nakakatakot pa at wala kang kontrol sa sinasakyan mo

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    It was Erap.

sinasama ko dati sumakay ng MRT eldest son ko from Ayala station to Edsa North and back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Transport-as-a-Service versus personal ownership of cars