New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    North EDSA U Turn slot closing this week... You have to U turn all the way under Q.Ave flyover. Those coming from Roosevlt Ave have to u turn al the way in Balintawak... Ubod ng traffic aabutin with closure of all those u turn slots.

Honestly expected this was bound to happen (Closing of U-Turn Slots) after they decided to relocate the Bus Lane to the inner lane.

But what I expected the "smart thing" they would do was opt to break up stretches that had no u-turn with an intersection and stop light. So, it is fine if they didn't open up West Avenue to North Avenue, but they could have opened up Roosevelt to Congressional with a stop light. Problem is, I saw that they made the very middle of that intersection the bus stop loading and unloading area.

So they've spent funds for the station already. I doubt they'd demolish it once they find the stretches with no way to go to the other side causes a LOT OF BOTTLENECKS because of the accumulated volume of vehicles that haven't been able to cross to the other side.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    North EDSA U Turn slot closing this week... You have to U turn all the way under Q.Ave flyover. Those coming from Roosevlt Ave have to u turn al the way in Balintawak... Ubod ng traffic aabutin with closure of all those u turn slots.

i wonder why...
    for the left bus lane?
    i have seen it... i see no reason for its raison de etre.
    the previous scheme worked fine.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2020 at 11:57 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wonder why...
    for the left bus lane?
    i have seen it... i see no reason for its raison de etre.
    the previous scheme worked fine.
    For the Roosevelt-Edsa Intersection at least, since I passed the area recently, the U-turn on Edsa going to Congressional, upon exit, you only have a few meters before the start of the concrete barriers as there will be a loading/unloading station in the actual middle of the intersection.

Also, the concrete barriers use up 2 lanes, 1 lane ends up leading into the loading/unloading station, and another lane will sprout up new concrete barriers for I guess passing buses that won't load/unload in the station.

That leaves Edsa going to Monumento with just 3 lanes passable for other vehicles, keeping in mind that a bulk of vehicles will clog up 2 lanes on the right hand side to turn right into Congressional.

The reverse doesn't yet apply for Edsa heading to West Avenue in front of Roosevelt, so not sure what they plan there but I expect similar implementaiton.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For the Roosevelt-Edsa Intersection at least, since I passed the area recently, the U-turn on Edsa going to Congressional, upon exit, you only have a few meters before the start of the concrete barriers as there will be a loading/unloading station in the actual middle of the intersection.

Also, the concrete barriers use up 2 lanes, 1 lane ends up leading into the loading/unloading station, and another lane will sprout up new concrete barriers for I guess passing buses that won't load/unload in the station.

That leaves Edsa going to Monumento with just 3 lanes passable for other vehicles, keeping in mind that a bulk of vehicles will clog up 2 lanes on the right hand side to turn right into Congressional.

The reverse doesn't yet apply for Edsa heading to West Avenue in front of Roosevelt, so not sure what they plan there but I expect similar implementaiton.
    ...sounds pretty complicated...
    how was it, before?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2020 at 12:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...sounds pretty complicated...
    how was it, before?
    Nung dumaan ako nung August lang wala naman concrete barriers nakapwesto kaya kala ko limited yung left bus lane implementation nila sa Edsa.

Pero last week lang ako nadaan ulit nakita ko ganun implementation nila.

I guess yung current position ng "current U turn slot" vs "previous" vs "original" are in 3 different spots.

Previous position was not in front of Waltermart Roosevelt. It was actually at the next intersection location where Geely North Edsa is. I actually prefer this. This was the location before lockdown. I can't remember when this started though.

Original position was more directly in front of Waltermart Roosevelt. This was I recall the position from the beginning of U Turn along Edsa implementation.

Current Position moves it a little further down maybe about 2 to 3 car lengths, placing it in "between" the previous and original U turn location. Hehe! I recall this adjustment was done during lockdown, I guess in anticipation of the left bus lane and station implementation. But it isn't safe as the choke does exist heading towards Congressional Avenue. Not sure if they will allow cars to pass through the 2nd "Barriered" pass thru lane. All vehicles were being waived to avoid entry if not a bus when I passed.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    May nakapunta na ba recently sa Olongapo? May checkpoint ba nadadaanan sa NLEX-SCTEX-Subic? Planning to visit sana kasi sa Olongapo Public Cemetery bago mag-undas.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sorry po if OIT dito, just want to check: Meron na po bang coding ulit sa Republic of Makati ngayon? Meron kasi noon (?) na pag 2 or more sakay sa vehicle exempted, if driver lang huli - is this policy still in effect? TIA

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Sorry po if OIT dito, just want to check: Meron na po bang coding ulit sa Republic of Makati ngayon? Meron kasi noon (?) na pag 2 or more sakay sa vehicle exempted, if driver lang huli - is this policy still in effect? TIA
    Regarding MMDA, here is your answer
    Twitter

Regarding Makati Coding/Makati Traffic, here is your answer.
    MakatiTraffic (*MakatiTraffic) on Twitter

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^^ Salamat po!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    In addition to closing the U-turn slots...