New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Lots of side streets in Caloocan all have multiple speed bumps half the size of Meralco power posts. I've even seen one made out of a beam of wood. What's worse is that almost all of them have a certain small slit open for motorcycles or somewhat larger ones for tricycles, which entirely negates the point of speed bumps. Makes me think that these were just made illegally by certain private individuals who want to force other motorists to slow down in front of their gates in order to let them out first or oblivious barangay people who think they know better.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    These speed bumps would not have been necessary if only Filipino drivers were disciplined enough to follow traffic rules like speed limits.
    Exactly. Sa subdivision namin, may speed humps na nga, may mga naaksidente pa rin and sumasalpok sa mga lamp post due to speed (or nakakatulog while driving home early in the morning).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Sa amin naman nakakaasar na yung mga nagpagawa ng mga humps ay mga walang sasakyan kaya di nila alam gaano kasakit sa kalooban ang pakiramdam ng sumasayad ang ilalim ng kotse mo. Ang intensyon lang talaga nila is maprotektahan yung tubo nila ng tubig na tumatawid sa kalsada from one side to the other side (tapatan po ang mga properties nila). Masyadong makasarili at walang konsiderasyon
    Nakaka bwisit lang talaga!
    BTW, a 10 minute walk in our area will yield you 18 humps.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Sa amin naman nakakaasar na yung mga nagpagawa ng mga humps ay mga walang sasakyan kaya di nila alam gaano kasakit sa kalooban ang pakiramdam ng sumasayad ang ilalim ng kotse mo. Ang intensyon lang talaga nila is maprotektahan yung tubo nila ng tubig na tumatawid sa kalsada from one side to the other side (tapatan po ang mga properties nila). Masyadong makasarili at walang konsiderasyon
    Nakaka bwisit lang talaga!
    BTW, a 10 minute walk in our area will yield you 18 humps.
    I remember some years ago,-

I gave direction to fellow employees who are driving to the place of another fellow employee (we have a party) in Pilar Village, LPC....

My landmarks are the number of humps that he'll drive over on the streets... :hysterical:

Very accurate and reliable daw ang direction ko!...

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.3K _/_/_/_/_/:piano:_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I don't know kung exaggerated but my boss said he goes through around a hundred humps from his home to ATC. Imagine the crappy FC you get out of that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know kung exaggerated but my boss said he goes through around a hundred humps from his home to ATC. Imagine the crappy FC you get out of that.
    yeah, same here.... i pass the FS routes going to ATC.
    crappy FC, yes.... i think i average around 6 kpl going thru the route, but it is moving if you pass via the alabang-zapote road...
    ang masakit lang, mabilis talaga masira ang ilalim. kaya talagang hinay hinay lang.
    the BF Paranaque route is also ok sana (via concha cruz), kaya lang may ginagawa ang DPWH dun ang ang lupet ng trapik.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Frindship route speed bumps, magsasawa ka sa dami. Bonus pa yung uka uka.

Daang hari bago mag Commerce Avenue, wala man lang markings na makikita mo sya sa gabi and alanganin pa ang pwesto
    nabiktima ako nyan frist time kong dumaan ng Daang Hari, yun jeep na sinusundan ko biglang nag menor akala ko magbaba ng pasahero, pag overtake bang!!! speed hump pala

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I remember going to this subdivision in Cavite. The humps were terrible. Parang cylindrical na yung shape hehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

mebbe he is refering to the rumble strip?
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    In Bay, Laguna we have a hump where both front and rear wheels of our swift are on the hump at the same time. Dito grabe sayad ng vios namin kung di ako mag sisyete pag higit 1 ang pasahero ko.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    mebbe he is refering to the rumble strip?
    heh heh.
    kung rumble strips to, ang sakit sa pwet nyan kung 100 sets tapos slow moving.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast