New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Sana maipatupad to sa lalong medaling panahon at applicable sana sa lahat ng barangay roads at kung pwede pati mga subdivision roads na rin.

"Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago has Senate Bill 2726 or the Act to Regulate the Construction and Maintenance of Speed Bumps addresses the problem caused by "substandard speed bumps in our streets that leads to unnecessary traffic jams, vehicular damage, and obstruction to utilities and other important facilities."

Under the bill, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will be tasked to come up the National Speed Bump Manual that ensures all speed bumps around the country follow a singular standard.

The manual will provide rules pertaining to the construction of speed bumps in relation to road grade or slope, proximity to curve, street condition, curbs, diversion potential, loading and unloading zones, spacing between bumps, proximity to utilities and travel lanes.

City or Municipal Engineers will be required to inspect speeds bumps at least once every three years and ensure that they are recorded in the city/municipal registry while the DPWH is tasked to update the national registry.

Speed bumps not recorded in the registry will be considered illegal and will be removed within six months from the date of the last inspection.

Once the bill is signed into law, City/Municipal Engineers must inspect their respective areas within one year and record/evaluate the existing speed bumps to determine if these are necessary in the areas they are located and if it complies with the standard.

During the inspection, temporary speed bumps made of tires and the like shall also be removed.

Construction of an illegal or makeshift speed bump warrants a fine of Php 50,000 plus the cost of the removal of the speed bump."

Source: http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...eed-bumps.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one example: speed bumps along cpgarcia street sa qc in front of UP Math building..... ang tataas. nakalasan na ako ng hubcaps dyan dahil sobrang tagtag.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Frindship route speed bumps, magsasawa ka sa dami. Bonus pa yung uka uka.

Daang hari bago mag Commerce Avenue, wala man lang markings na makikita mo sya sa gabi and alanganin pa ang pwesto

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Pag ako naging presidente ng pilipinas, lahat ng intersection papalagyan ko ng railroad crossing barrier or kaya yung mga spikes na lalabas pag nagdilaw na yung traffic lights. Tignan ko lang kung may mag attempt pa ng beating the red light. :arms:

Syempre dapat may commission ako sa supplier at contractor. :devil: #nognogmode

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pag ako naging presidente ng pilipinas, lahat ng intersection papalagyan ko ng railroad crossing barrier or kaya yung mga spikes na lalabas pag nagdilaw na yung traffic lights. Tignan ko lang kung may mag attempt pa ng beating the red light. :arms:

Syempre dapat may commission ako sa supplier at contractor. :devil: #nognogmode

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but there is already a recommended specifications list for speed bumps even before..... i saw it!
    what it needs, is teeth!

but there is already a recommended specifications list for speed bumps even before..... i saw it!
    what it needs, is teeth!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post

Daang hari bago mag Commerce Avenue, wala man lang markings na makikita mo sya sa gabi and alanganin pa ang pwesto
    malupet yung boundary between pilar village and theresa park village, yung sa may guard house.
    tsaka yung boundary between bf almanza and pilar...

Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post

malupet yung boundary between pilar village and theresa park village, yung sa may guard house.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    dami ganyan sa Betterliving mga walang pintura
    tawag nga ng anak ko humps na naka camouflage
    kahit na kabisado ko na yun mga lugar nila minsan nabibiktima pa rin ako
    Last edited by greenlyt; May 14th, 2015 at 01:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    I don't know kung exaggerated but my boss said he goes through around a hundred humps from his home to ATC. Imagine the crappy FC you get out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    I don't know kung exaggerated but my boss said he goes through around a hundred humps from his home to ATC. Imagine the crappy FC you get out of that.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Mas mabilis din siguro masira suspension ng mga sasakyan dyan.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Sa area natin sa Pasig, mother (may she rest in peace) ko binilang niya yung bumps from Ortigas ext to my house, 17 ang bilang. Sabi niya dati next time punta siya kahit nakapikit alam na niya nasa bahay na siya dahil sa bilang niya.

These speed bumps would not have been necessary if only Filipino drivers were disciplined enough to follow traffic rules like speed limits.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast