New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Piling ko mas maaga sana completion at opening kung di lang nasunog yung sa may section 1. Kaso tumama din yung covid lockdown sa bansa last year kaya yung delay naging grabe din.
    Section 2B po exactly:Tomas Claudio – Ramon Magsaysay Ave (San Juan River) Alignment

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    so dapat mga tipong 150 lang dagdag from slex to nlex :-P
    Napost nadin ata dito yung SMC toll fee petition, IIRC yan talaga yung baseline figure ng S3 end-to-end [around P148] but it ballooned to P274 due to:

• realignment of main carriageway from Sta Mesa to San Juan river [magagalit mga nagmomotel kasi hehe /s] - this realignment alone costed SMC a staggering P12.495B of total P66.114B costs so far.
    • extension of main carriageway from A. Bonifacio / Balintawak Cloverleaf to NLEx footbridge / NB Main T/P aka Section 5 [not in original plan] which costs P4.335B.
    • other deviations from original approved design which costs a lot as well.

Bottomline nan, Lodi needs to quickly recoup SMC's massive investment at the soonest possible time kasi pag natapos na yung NLEx-SLEx connector road ni MVP, madidivert na yung main NLEx-SLEx road traffic doon gawa fewer exits + relatively "straight" yung ROW nya gawa ginamit PNR RROW, more so pag nagawa na yung NLEx - CAVITEx expressway link [which is a technical and financial challenge] in I don't know what year, ang laki ng effect nito sa SLEx at-grade truck / Skyway road traffic pag nagawa to.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hmm naisip ko din to - PTP Mods beyond 2 paragraphs

===

Skyway 3 closure – a bluff game?
    by Ira Panganiban

xxx

SOMCO has been asking the TRB if they can now charge toll for the use of the Skyway 3 to which TRB said they have yet to complete the service of the elevated highway before they can charge proper toll.

TRB said before that they cannot allow Skyway 3 the full amount of toll fee schedule they want because not all of the highway ramps have been opened and they cannot approve partial toll rates since they will be the ones to get criticized if they implement partial toll fees as ramps are opened.

A source from both camps told us that this exchange has been going on since January and that SOMCO claims they have been incurring huge losses for their failure to collect toll for the elevated highway.

At some point, a SOMCO executive decided to force the hand of TRB by issuing the statement yesterday claiming that it is the order of TRB. We do not know if Mr. Ang approved of this tactic.

TRB told us directly that there has been no order from them about the closure of Skyway and that in fact it is to their advantage, public relations wise, to keep the 2nd level highway open for free.

Our source said the SOMCO executive thought this would finally give them the leverage to collect tolls without finishing the ramps but ended up with a very stubborn DOTr.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung ganyan i-close na muna hanggang hinde talag tapos para wala ng usapan kung pwede na sila maningil or hinde, ginagamit lang pampaogi SMC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hmph daming pautot. Sana payagan na kasing maningil para wala nang problema. Kasi bandang huli, baka mga motorista pa maabala.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Hmm naisip ko din to - PTP Mods beyond 2 paragraphs
    Hindi ko actually sure bakit naging main issue yung completion of on and off ramps. Important naman is yung end to end. You can treat the in between on and off ramps as additional exits they will open over time. That doesn't make the whole SS3 unusable.

If it is about the toll charge, then they can have a % penalty imposed so that SMC can't charge the "full rate" because of the incomplete on and off ramps as a compromise action to settle between two parties. You can call it a "launch rate" that is subject to increase upon full completion of SS3. Simple enough na yun i think.

I don't use the SS3 daily, but I've used it maybe 4 or 5 times at most.

Am I willing to pay for the convenience if it does cost 200php to use it end to end of SS3? I would say yes for the convenience and the cost of time on road I would save and be more productive elsewhere.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    97% complete na daw ang skyway 3 so pasok na sa initial 95% completion agreement nila w/c will enable smc na to bill motorists for its usage. pero nag-iba nanaman daw ang usapan kasi ngayon gusto na ng trb at dotr 100% finished product na before they can start toll collection for usage of the said infra

https://twitter.com/miguelrcamusINQ/...994261505?s=20
    Last edited by baludoy; March 16th, 2021 at 03:48 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ayy kawawang smc. Nililito-lito nila sa gulo ng usapan. Wala kasing consistency etong mga agency noh. xD

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya nga isara na dapat hanggang matapos para wala ng dahilan TRB.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    97% complete na daw ang skyway 3 so pasok na sa initial 95% completion agreement nila w/c will enable them to bill motorists for its usage. pero nag-iba nanaman daw ang usapan kasi ngayon gusto na ng trb at dotr 100% finished product na before smc can start toll collection for usage of the said infra

https://twitter.com/miguelrcamusINQ/...994261505?s=20
    Maganda diyan yun sumunod pang statement.

No cost to the government, SMC even shouldered the ROW payment then build build build nag grab ng credit saka si Villar. Galing! [emoji1363][emoji23]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Napapaghalataang di parin maalis si Villar sa isipan niyo, noh.